need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
For vista I would leave it unpartitioned and use it as your os drive.

Later you can get a bigger drive for data.

For vista I would leave it unpartitioned and use it as your os drive.

Later you can get a bigger drive for data.

ugg apparently i only have my C: drive showing... and a drive marked X... guess vista isnt reading my HDD for some reason? altho it sais 32mb/32mb used (might be due to the flash stick in teh back of my pc lol) ugg too many problems along the way with this pc, im beat for tonight, ill work on it 2morrow before work (if im up in time) if not ill work on it when i get home if im not too tired.

and i tried with 1 stick of ram, and it made no difference :(

Booting cds and dvds for some reason can still be hit or miss in 2009. Don't ask me why, but you would think that they would have figured ti out by now.

Don't partition your hard drive, as 160gigs isn't very big and you will want all of that space. Once I tried fitting Vista inside 60gigs and it didn't like me after that.

Unplug the flash drive when you are installing.

It is possible it is trying to install to that drive.
ya i tried that and still got nothing.

apparently vista isnt detecting my sata drives, i looked at some other people having this same problem, but they were all doing upgrades so they installed the drivers, now im not doing an upgrade so i cant put the drivers on my comp :(

It probably can't see the hard drive because you are using an ide dvd drive. Like I said before there is a known ide/sata conflict on newer Intel chipsets. It is unwise to use both at the same time.

Crazy work around if you have a large enough usb drive.
HOWTO: Install Windows Vista from a high speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Windows Live

Try a different sata cable in case the one you have is bad.
Try a different sata port on the motherboard.
But I would just get new dvd drive they are cheap these days.
i have a 8gb flash drive i can use. hope thats large enough, ill try doing it that way. and you saved me alot of time, i just got home from work and i was plan on looking for that information asap :)

It probably can't see the hard drive because you are using an ide dvd drive. Like I said before there is a known ide/sata conflict on newer Intel chipsets. It is unwise to use both at the same time.
i went to the vista website and there were tons of threads on the topic, people that used sata hdds with sata dvds, and people that used sata hard drives with ide dvds both. and the only way for them to get the program on their computer was using hefemeisters method. i was going to do try and get it done before i went to work but i didnt wake up till 2pm and had to be at work at 3pm :(

im just hoping that the flash drive method works, if not ill try to find another method, or just find an old xp disk and try installing xp then upgrading to vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom