Can't make RAID Disc from MoBo disc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
It keeps asking me to insert a floppy drive.. :confused: WTH? I disabled it and it's asking for drive A: , this is my first time trying to setup a RIAD profile.. I want stripe..

There was an option on the disk to make a RAID disc. So I had it boot the disc and that's what it was askin for.

I think I'm gonna have to do my HW on this..

Can anyone recommend a good RAID program? I'm all new to this.

I got into the program in the BIOS.. But the comp won't boot windows after I selected the drives for RAID 0 (for now.... I REALLLLY HATE Phoenix BIOS!)

Are you creating this raid array to install windows xp on?

To set up the raid array you want to use the bios raid program to do it.

Take a look in your motherboard manual as they are always pretty good at describing the making of a raid array for your particular board.

oh.. I have to start over with a fresh format to do a RAID profile? It asked me when I went to set it up [Will erase all MBR data on the HD] and I hit cancel, because I was unsure as to what I was getting into.

The board book doesn't tell me much.. I'm runnign my temp board for a while.. My good board in my sig is fried.. (again.. drunk and messin' w the computer)

Ahhhh.. Well, I'm not too far on my game, I can always catch up again.. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch. :D

oh.. Do I have to install a raid driver during the Windows install/format? or just let it do it's thing?

RAID 0 Will give me Stripe, right? Double the r/w speed, is what I'm looking for.

xp does not have native sata / raid support so you will need to install the drivers via the f6 option during install.

raid0 will give you stripping. Not quite double the data speed but faster.
Keep in mind if one drive fails all data is lost.

Great for os and programs not so good for data.
Always have a current backup of anything important on a raid0 array.

^ I have an external to store everything that I need.. Actually thinking about copying it to another HDD and shelfing it.. Back up for the back up.. lol

Thanx again.. this helped a lot..

OK.. WTH!

I DL'd the latest RAID driver software from the Asus site, and it sill asks for a darn floppy disk! This is really tickin me the *&$^ off!

Honestly, WTH do I have to do to make a darn RAID driver disk?!?!? I tried burning the file to a CD, no workey..

I tried installing Vista Ultimate 64b on my big computer (sig, but w an asus board) and it was asking for a driver CD... I figured it needed the RAID driver disk..

Nothign seems to work here.. WTH is going on?!?

For an xp install you either need a floppy disk or to make a slip streamed install disk using nlite with the sata/raid drivers added to it. nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

If you have the floppy you press f6 to install 3rd party drivers and it will ask you for the floppy later.

If it is slip streamed you do not need to press f6 if I remember correctly.

What asus motherboard are we talking about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom