need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, what chipset do you have? If it's Intel baed, like P45, X58 or anything like that then you probably have an IDE/SATA conflict. The best way to solve it is with a BIOS update of the motherboard, but you have to have an OS to do that. Go into BIOS and find your SATA option, you want to change it from AHCI to legacy mode. That should fix the issue for now.

Hmm, what chipset do you have? If it's Intel baed, like P45, X58 or anything like that then you probably have an IDE/SATA conflict. The best way to solve it is with a BIOS update of the motherboard, but you have to have an OS to do that. Go into BIOS and find your SATA option, you want to change it from AHCI to legacy mode. That should fix the issue for now.

i have the p6t se, but i cant find that option in my bios. under sata configuration i get disabled, compatible and enhanced. (currently set enhanced cuz of vista)

under configure sata as i get ide, raid, ahci

ive tried changing all these around and still nothing.

under controller mode i get ide/ahci option (set for ide)

as far as legacy goes the only option for legacy i get is legacy usb support, and i have taht on auto.

They change the names around depending on who made the BIOS, for you ide = legacy, the same goes for compatible.

oh ok, so everything is set like you said and it still wont work :( ive tried messing with a bunch of different settings and still cant get it to boot up my OS

hmm odd. and the drive is recognized in the BIOS? What exactly does it say when you try to boot the dvd? Does it prompt you to hit a key or anything?

it does nothing at all, the dvd loads up in the drive and nothing, its like i hadent even inserted the disk, altho i can see where my dvd driver is reading my dvd (the busy led) and i can also see where it has read it (the dvd led)

someone suggested this, not sure if it will work but im going to try it.

The Nuge:
what are you talking about? i have 6g ram... either way its still not gunna help me...

some other guy.
"he ment take out 4gigs and then add it once you install.. i read somewhere that you have to install vista with two and then add the rest of the ram.... i don't remember where.. neways try it no harm in that."

actually before i do it, do you think it will work? because i would have to take my entire case apart, and remove the mobo from the tray(well remove the whole back of the tray with the mob o still attached) since i cant get to my ram witout taking this thing apart.

actually i just went ahead and took off the mobo and popped out the ram, still didnt work with only 2g

Does it ever give an error or does it just sit there? Some Vista dvds take awhile to get going, if it doesn't throw an error then give it a few minutes. I remember when Vista was in RC stage I had to wait about 10 minutes for the dvd to boot. I don't know why, but it went fine once it installed.

Does it ever give an error or does it just sit there? Some Vista dvds take awhile to get going, if it doesn't throw an error then give it a few minutes. I remember when Vista was in RC stage I had to wait about 10 minutes for the dvd to boot. I don't know why, but it went fine once it installed.

i took a nap with the cd in and the comp running lol, if thats not enough time to load then i dont know what is :( and i get no error or anything, every time i hit enter(or any key) it just sais reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

OK that's the error I was looking for. That means it isn't seeing the dvd. Is this a retail Vista dvd or is it a burned backup?

Sorry I can't help you more man, but It's getting late here. Imma have to turn in for in.

OK that's the error I was looking for. That means it isn't seeing the dvd. Is this a retail Vista dvd or is it a burned backup?

Sorry I can't help you more man, but It's getting late here. Imma have to turn in for in.

its a retail version. ill try taking the comp apart and putting it back together 2morrow maby. its getting late here too, bout to go to bed myself.

thanks for the help and night man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom