When will the GTX 295 be in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yes the 275 will hold you off very well. and try kijiji.com you choose yoru city and list it localy or you can do craigs list. visit the evga forums marketplace, or we have our own buy sell trade setion in this forum aswell.

What if I don't plan to upgrade for two years? Am I better off getting two 260s now for about $400? Will it stand the test of time until then?

It would, but then once you want to upgrade your out two cards. If you buy one higher performance card now then by the time you want to upgrade you just add an additional.

id go with one 275 then if you need an increase then get sli with the 275. he has an nvidia mobo he is considering sli the 275 is a better option. the 260's would suffice but not all games utilise sli so you will be peed off when you play a game and dont get the fps you desire. alltho one gtx260 core 216 is nice.

I'm not much of a fan of the GTX 275, it kinda seems like a fluke for a release,

I've been strongly considering this beast
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADBF GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

XFX GTX260 Black Edition Review - Overclockers Club

does pretty good stock and OC'd will put up a good fight against the GTX280,
not to mention it comes with not 1 but 2 free games and a $30MIR until the end of the month

I understand the GTX275 is out to replace the GTX260 and the GTX 260 is aging somewhat but I am still a firm believer in it's amazing price-to-performance ratio

I don't have an SLI board at the moment but I would love to see how 2 of these OC'd in SLI would perform, the only downfall would be power usage, although by a small margin

So many different suggestions from different places makes my head hurt. :(

I really don't know what to do at this point. Why can't the GT300 be released already??

275 is not faster than a 280 overall, maybe at stock speeds, but my 280 was faster than my 285 after overclocks were maxed for both cards. this may not hold true for all 280's vs 285's, but it goes to show you that the 280 is still a beast.

wait for the 300 series if you can, nothing wrong with a 8800 unless you just need mo powa!

But then there'd be point in buying the rest of my build now, right? I mean, might as well buy everything once the 300 series is out since prices will be down on everything. Only problem is that no one knows for sure WHEN it'll be out.

/confused

But then there'd be point in buying the rest of my build now, right? I mean, might as well buy everything once the 300 series is out since prices will be down on everything. Only problem is that no one knows for sure WHEN it'll be out.

/confused

well, if your in no hurry to build up, do wait, as both the i7, the mobo and the ram will cost less in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom