need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
describe the beeping sound. It is a code to tell us what is wrong.

Is it a long beep, 3 short beeps, etc.?

Do you have the required pci-e plugs from your psu into your video card?

well ****, i cant hook it to my crt because the graphics card isnt compatible with it... and i cant hook it to my tv because i the graphics card does not have a hdmi connector(altho it claims to run in hdmi, i still dont get that) now if i can find an svideo cord someplace in my house i might be able to hook it to the tv like that... but im not even sure i have one that works, i think the only one i have is broke.

Your video card should have adapters for vga and hdmi in the box. It may not have HDMI, but it will have a vga adapter. Check the box it came in, it should be a fat little plug with dvi on one end and vga on the other.

describe the beeping sound. It is a code to tell us what is wrong.

Is it a long beep, 3 short beeps, etc.?

Do you have the required pci-e plugs from your psu into your video card?

you sir are a genius lol, i forgot to plug in my graphics card.... ok it boots now with no beeps (i still have other parts unplugged from the power supply)

no im going to plug in the other parts and see if it still beeps (remember i have no visual aid to go on)

ok after i plugged everything up it still didnt boot on (altho i noticed a light on my mobo, which was the mobo power switch, i pressed it and wam everything booted up just fine.

ok so far no beeps (except for the one short beep when it started)

now i just need to figure out a way to display the images on my comp.

doh i didnt check my dvd drive, let me make sure it works aswel.

yup it works and HOLY CRAP lol i found a windows 98 disk in it hah... wow i forgot 98 even existed heh.

look in your box for you vid card as zmatt said.

It will have a dvi to vga adapter in it.

Have fun I need to go to bed.

Your video card should have adapters for vga and hdmi in the box. It may not have HDMI, but it will have a vga adapter. Check the box it came in, it should be a fat little plug with dvi on one end and vga on the other.

wot you right, and it has the hdmi connector in it and the vga adapter i need to run my crt :) ok im going to hook up the crt now so i can get this beast running.

i think i might need more fans tho? first off i might get another case, but im not sure, but if nothing else should i atleast cut a hole in my case so i can run a 320mm( i think its 320mm, the big big fan) right now i just got a baby fan in there, its got to be atleast 15 years old, the air output is very low, and i think it maby 20mm or 40mm, i doubt its 80mm. but for now its better than nothing, and i got it blowing air out of the front panel. the rest of the fans in the case are just the psu fan, heatsink fan, and gpu fan.

ok i went through my bios, the only thing i noitced funny were the timings on my ram, which are no biggie. i dont want to mess with them right now, i just noticed 1 was 7 7 7- 20 and the other was 6 6 6 something. also my cpu/mobo are running at 56c which is a little high for idle isnt it? oh well i can worry about that later

my main problem is getting vista installed... for some reason i cant get my comp to read the disk, it is telling me to reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key... well i have my vista cd in the cd drive and its not reading it....

Vista only comes on a dvd, put it in the dvd drive. The cd drive cant read it.

ya its in the dvd drive, and my dvd player recognizes it, because the little light that says dvd/cd lights up on the dvd side, but for some reason its not working. and i know the computer reads my dvd player, because it says pioneer in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom