RAM question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdavey316

Solid State Member
Im brand new to the site, and brand new to building computers. Ive decided to build a computer because im going to school for computer engineering and it sounded like it would be a fun project. Im looking to buy memory for my ASUS P5Q SE/R motherboard. It says on the specs it can hold up to 16 gigs of memory. I know i dont need that much for what i want to do. I want a computer to be able to run fast and play occasional games. I will be running Windows 7 RC. Currently i have

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0ghz
Asus P5Q SE/R mobo.
500 Gig Hard drive
24X cd/dvd
modtek Alien case.
550 Watt PSU.
Nvidea Geforce 9800 GT 512Mb pci-E
No memory yet.

Just need some helps on getting some memory and how much?

Thanks. :D

P.S. and how about a review on my system specs as of now? this is my first time building a computer so id like to know how i did?

First off, its awsome to see such a fast response, thank you. My PSU is a 580 Watt Sunbeam. Unfortunetly ive already purchased everything except the memory. Its the first Pc build so ill go thru the hardknock school and learn. So with just 4 gigs i wont have any problems playing games or multi tasking?

You have chosen wisely.
That is the one you want.

The 32bit version would not allow you to utilize all of your ram.

Awsome. Thank you for all your help this thread has answered all of my questions within 15 minutes of me posting. Best forum ive ever belonged to. Will definetly be back with more questions in the future.

I would update to a different card than the GTS 250...it would be a nice upgrade, but for the money vs the performance increase, you may want to grab a GTX 260. But it depends on how much money you want to spend.

Since he has already purchased everything but the ram at the moment your point, while an excellent one, is moot.
;)

Oh, haha. Didn't catch that. :p I was assuming he had everything but was looking to upgrade certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom