need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 2.2 in your manual shows the placement of everything on your board really well.

thanks, i guess i went too far ahead in my manual altho i did see this page, i kind of ignored it due to the fact i figured it would tell me all the info i needed to know later on. i see the 8pin connector now. ahh ok i see now, i missed it on page 2-33 where it shows the 8pin connector.

ok time to plug in the 8pin, put everything in the case(hopefully i can get it to fit with all those power cables blocking the way) and hope for the best, hopefully i can get this sucker running.

then comes the part i really hate, messing with the divers(i had a really bad experience with my gpu and the xp updates erasing the drivers i needed. had to reinstalled xp 15 times before i got some help online to figure out what the problem was lol.)

thank you guys for your help, i really appreciate it, you have saved me a huge huge huge headache, i was getting really frustrated.

page 2.2 in your manual shows the placement of everything on your board really well.

IDE is two channel. You can plug 2 ide drives into the plug. Just find a cable with 3 connectors. I would search old computers.

i got tons of ide cables, i decided to go with the one the mobo came with though. i am kind of a computer packrat, i usually keep old and outdated parts stored in a box (except when i took this case a part, i had some fun destroying the mobo, psu, gpu, cpu, ram, lan card, modem, both hdds(one was 6g the other was 15g lol) altho i did manage to keep all the ide connectors just in case, also salvaged the dvd player which im using, and managed to salvage 1 fan, and the bleep fan thing(altho i might get rid of it because it is magnetic, so i have it cased in the wrong direction and on the front of the case out of the way so it doesnt disrupt anything. ide hate for it to do some dmg to my parts.

what operating system will you be installing?

Download the latest drivers from the asus website instead of using the ones that came on the disk.

I do it in this fasion.
1 chipset
2 lan
3 go online and update windows
3 gpu
4 all other needed drives.

I just put a p6t v2 together so me and zmatt got your back.

what operating system will you be installing?

Download the latest drivers from the asus website instead of using the ones that came on the disk.

I do it in this fasion.
1 chipset
2 lan
3 go online and update windows
3 gpu
4 all other needed drives.

I just put a p6t v2 together so me and zmatt got your back.

i will be using vista 64 bit, and i came across 1 more small little snag for my dvd player again. for connecting the little 4pin to board. the manual sais #14 optical drive audio connector(4-pin CD) now i know this is what i need to plug it into, but its split into 2 sections. there is a 4 pin connector, and directly behind that there is a 4 pin connector with 1 pin missing, but it sais spdif out. now my dvd drive pin is missing one connector aswell, so it matches up perfectly with that. i currently have it plugged into that one, but im not sure if im 100% correct. i dont want to put the case together, and then have to take it apart again to fix this, and ide have to take the whole mobo out to od it because there isnt enough room to do it from the case(wouldnt be able to squeeze my big ol hands in there.

Plug it into the first one. The first one hooks you up to the standard 3.5mm jacks on the back, the second one hooks the dvd drive up to the optical audio port. Chances are you wont be using the optical, so just plug it into the first connector.

Plug it into the first one. The first one hooks you up to the standard 3.5mm jacks on the back, the second one hooks the dvd drive up to the optical audio port. Chances are you wont be using the optical, so just plug it into the first connector.

so im hooking up my 4 pin(with 1 pin missing) into the one with all 4 pins?

also i cant figure out where to plug in my hd cable to my graphics card... i have an svideo and 2 normal conectors on the back of my graphics card. its a 4890

ok i hit the power switch and nothing happened...

maby i need to use the 4pin instead of the 8pin on the power connector? the mobo had a black cap over the 8pin... should i put it back on and use 4 pin?

double check all of your power connections.
Check to see if your psu has a power switch on the back were you plug in the power cord and make sure the power plug is in firmly.

If that does not work do a bare bones boot.

I like to do a first boot with only cpu, ram and gpu installed to get into bios. No hard drives and no extra cables plugged in except for my front panel connections.

Then after I am in bios I will power down disconnect the power and connect the hard drive and dvd drive and start installing windows.

Check to see if your psu has a power switch on the back were you plug in the power cord and make sure the power plug is in firmly.

I like to do a first boot with only cpu, ram and gpu installed to get into bios. No hard drives and no extra cables plugged in except for my front panel connections.

Then after I am in bios I will power down disconnect the power and connect the hard drive and dvd drive and start installing windows.

agreed. Start unplugging non-essentials to make sure that the base system is good.

ok i unhooked everything(well unplugged the power, i couldnt reach the actual cables on my mobo to unplug then, so they are still plugged in. now i got it powered up and my speaker is beeping like crazy... i have to RMA my monitor, which i figured i would because there was a big hole in the box... now i can see why the whole was there... the whole screen is totally cracked from the inside.... let me go and get my crt monitor so i can actually see what my screen says to figure out why it is beeping.

i just called ups, im making them pay $200 for the monitor instead of newegg since it wasnt neweggs fault. it was obviously damadged during shipping. i just hope they dont take their time buying me a new one, because this crt is a piece of junk and is on the verge of dying... altho i might just hook the pc up to my tv once i figure out how to use the hdmi on this graphics card....

anywho im going to try running it again with all the parts connected and use the older monitor and see what it does...

well ****, i cant hook it to my crt because the graphics card isnt compatible with it... and i cant hook it to my tv because i the graphics card does not have a hdmi connector(altho it claims to run in hdmi, i still dont get that) now if i can find an svideo cord someplace in my house i might be able to hook it to the tv like that... but im not even sure i have one that works, i think the only one i have is broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom