Computer Died, Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazbham

Beta member
I have a home built computer that I built about 2 years ago, the computer was running fine until about 5 days ago, I looked through it and found that it had the w32/new-malware!maximus virus.

After I had read how to get rid of the virus I was trying to navigate into the system/system restore area of my computer it would auto-reboot on me, this happened about 4 - 5 times when I said to **** with it and shut it down.

I shut it down correctly going through windows and let the system sit for about 5 minutes then I hit the start button, Nothing, again, nothing hmm. this had happened several times in the past and I found that if I would open the case and chedck all of the connections then turn the main switch off/on again the thing would start up. Nothing, hmm again, nothing. I eventually went through and disconnected everything and reconnected it again and still nothing.

When I turn the switch on the power supply on I hear a faint chirp sound, I also see a green light that is on, on the motherboard, but the system just will not start up. So here I am here asking what could the problem be? Think it's the power supply coming on but not having enough power to run my system? Anyone else think I'm right or know how to check to see what it is that is causing me the trouble? I'd apprecaite any and all help.
Thanks

Sounds like the fan on your PSU is chirping.

Since it is highly recommended you do not open the PSU, or even do anything to alter it, I suggest you definitely buy a new PSU, and it should fix the problem.

After you get the new PSU, we have plenty of people on the forums to help you out with the virus, most notably "Osiris".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom