need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarchice

Baseband Member
ok i have a small problem with my mobo manual and im going to need some help.

the mobo is a asus p6t se

i cant figure out where to connect my dvd drive and my internal speaker(the one that makes the beeps) to

also with my PSU(wish i would of snatched the antec or corsair one because i didnt realize the adapters on this pcp&c one arnt detachable.

now with the psu and mobo i cant figure out where to put all these plugs into. i got 1 plug into my hdd, one in my cd rom, 1 for a fan, and one to power up my mobo.

im currently using an old pos case (going to end up swapping it out, because its just too small, well i can make everything fit but it is very cramped and i have to put the entire pc together(including cables) before i can stick my mobo back in the computer, altho i will have room to put the side panel back on. if i could find my camera i would take a pic of where it is at right now, but unfortunately i think my wife has it right now.

this isnt the first pc ive built, but i guess its been longer than i thought (over 3 years) and i guess i cant remember everything(i should of took a look at the old pc that was in this case just for a refresher, but i quickly took out all the old parts and had fun smashing them on the sidewalk lol)

for starters you need 2 power plugs into the motherboard.

the 24pin and the 4 or 8 pin

Speaker plug goes into the front panel connector with the hd light and power switch.

Do you have the manual?

for starters you need 2 power plugs into the motherboard.

the 24pin and the 4 or 8 pin

Speaker plug goes into the front panel connector with the hd light and power switch.

Do you have the manual?

yes i am looking at the manual right now. ok i found the speaker port (also i hope im putting all these in the right way. i have all the tags on the cords facing towards the tags on the mobo.)

now i dont see the 4/8 pin power connector. this manual seems to skip alot of information.

it covers installing ram, psu/heatsink, hdd, front panal connectors, jumpers, pcie slots, and audio(hooking up a receiver) after that it jumps straight into the bios.\

the last mobo i used was an abit kn8 sli, and the instructions in that manual were to a T. i dont remember hitting any snags building it, but also my dad was there for any questions i had, and he knows way more than i do(considering he used to do it for a living when he was younger lol)

this is what is in this system aswell if that matters http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/3-new-comps-206676/index4.html its down towards the bottom of the page where it says final build.

oh on another note since my HDD is sata, i have the dvd drive currently connected to where the manual says to plug in the HDD at. will that work? because i absolutely cannot find another place to stick the connector at.

the 4 or 8 pin is real close to the cpu.

Also with the front panel connections the colored wire is the positive.

The power, speaker and hd light pins are all located at the bottom of the board in one big clump. Speaker is labeled Spkr, Power is labeled Pwr, and the HD light is HD.

Is your DVD drive sata? If so then you should have several sata ports, just plug your hard drive in one and the dvd drive in another.

The power, speaker and hd light pins are all located at the bottom of the board in one big clump. Speaker is labeled Spkr, Power is labeled Pwr, and the HD light is HD.

Is your DVD drive sata? If so then you should have several sata ports, just plug your hard drive in one and the dvd drive in another.

the dvd drive isnt a sata drive. its an older dvd drive, its probably about 10 years old.

for some reason my laptop isnt letting me load the pics from this phone, once i get that working im gunna post up pics.

I don't see how you can plug an IDE hard drive into a sata port. Please tell me you didn't force it. There should be one ide plug no the motherboard for your dvd drive. Use it.

I don't see how you can plug an IDE hard drive into a sata port. Please tell me you didn't force it. There should be one ide plug no the motherboard for your dvd drive. Use it.

heh no, i got my hdd plugged into the sata port, i have my cd drive pluged into the ide slot, and there is only one ide slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom