Status
Not open for further replies.
yup...in the UAE!!!

These are the Motherboards prices I know of
Gigabyte EX58-Extreme - $420
Asus Rampage Extreme 2 - $450
XFX M/B EX58I - $320
Intel M/B EX58 - $320

PSU is a pain here...never able to find good ones here...

Not sure about the heat sink either...will visit the shop maybe today and check it out completely...

That's sweet man. I think its really cool that we have a lot of members from all over who are united because we love computers.

Those mobos you listed are pretty high end like the others said. Look for something more like this. Newegg wont be much help to you in the UAE as they don't ship internationally, yet. But you can use it as a resource to look for parts. We also have a recommended parts thread (co-authored by yours truly) that is a good starting place. We still need to update the high end section, but now that classes are out that should be finished in a week or so.

Tech Forums Recommended Pc Components v2.0

As for psu's, anything by Corsair, Pc Power and Cooling, and Seasoic is great. They are the best psu makers, period. If you can't find one of them then rosewill is ok. Never buy Hec or diablo tech, I have had both brands catch fire on me. If it really comes down to it check the psu specifications. You want to look at the 12v rail and see how many amps it has. Most cheap psus will have more than one 12v rail, the fewer the better. one rail is best case, 2 is ok and i wouldn't get a psu with more than 2 12v rails. For your system you want 40 amps, or more. In would go with more, but I understand you don't have a lot of wiggle room.

For reference here is my psu: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

I run an overclocked e7200, 2 radeon 4850s, 2 hard drives and 2 dvd drives. Doesn't break a sweat. For you i would go with the 650watt model or higher, but again I know it can be tough finding parts.

I hope that helps.

I did indeed start a thread here http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/pc-photographer-205042/

and was looking at the Quad system recommended. But then my budget got a boast and I've been looking at i7 now...

The PSU units I was able to find till were some brands called Force and Epsilon....ever heard of them??

I'll keep in mind the information you've stated regarding the PSU...I suppose the info about the 12v rail should be on the box...

Here are some more information about components available here...
OCZ 1600FSB DDR3 2GB*3 : $367
Crossair 1600FSB DDR3 2GB*3 : $290

GTX 250 1GB DDR3 : $200
GTX 260 896MB - $310

BTW how is the case I specified above??

Is that in dirhams or did you convert it into dollars? If its in dirhams then we are talking close to 4 dirhams to the dollar, and then we are in good shape. If not, then you are getting majorly screwed on prices. We could ship you stuff from America for those prices.

Your paying too much as it is, so go with the cheaper corsair memory. Both corsair and ocz are good brands. I can't comment on the overlcockability of the memory because I don't know the specific model, but they should do just fine at stock settings.

Your also getting screwed on the video cards. The GTS 250 should cost $130 not $200. The GTX 260 should be around $170.

As for the case, newegg doesn't carry the TJ02, my guess is its an older and discontinued model. I checked the specs for the TJ04, the closest model, numerically speaking and it looks decent. There are better cases for that price range, but it isn't bad.

That's pretty bad. I find that a lot of places the prices are so high you could buy a part in the us and have it shipped to you for less. Maybe tech forums should setup a "Tech Forums underground" service, where willing members in the US can buy parts on behalf of foreign members and have them shipped so we can save our buddies money. The shipping will take forever but you are saving a lot of cash.

EDIT:

I just did some research, using FedEx international economy shipping, to get 20lbs worth of parts to the UAE form the US is $235. You could fit almost all of your parts except for the case within 20lbs. Even though that's a lot of money I think the savings are still going to out weigh it. Heck you can make up the cost in savings from the memory alone. The OCZ ram you listed costs $94 in America

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That's a difference of $273, you saved $38 by shipping parts from the US. And it takes less than 10 days to get there. I kinda surprised myself. I think I'm on to something here.
What are the individual prices for the other components? I guarantee you we can more than make up the cost of shipping by buying in America.

As that is a great idea if it get pulled you have to pay the 25% VAT tax. That is one of the main reasons prices are so much higher here. So far I have gotten away from the VAT with everything I have had shipped here. Knocks on wood.

I think it depends on where it ends up. If it gets sent to a UPS or FedEx office then you should be safe, if it goes to a state operated postal office then your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom