Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core Temp and OCCT both gave identical readings, but FanSpeed was telling me 76C :eek:
surely just a matter of which probes the programs are accessing

Since you don't have a good cooler those readings may be right. Real Temp was the most accurate program for 45nm Intel cpu's back when they were released but it's possible other programs have been updated to read them correctly too.

auukbl.png

Dont know exactly how good that is.....
3.6GHZ, so a 1GHZ oc on stock voltage (roughly what stock+turboboost used).

not bad on air, i think the upper max for stable on air on C0 is 3.8...good job and on stock vcore too! but watch those temps, anything above 80c you should worry about.....although the i7 does have a tjmax of 100c

when does your water cooling loop come in?

not bad on air, i think the upper max for stable on air on C0 is 3.8...good job and on stock vcore too! but watch those temps, anything above 80c you should worry about.....although the i7 does have a tjmax of 100c

when does your water cooling loop come in?

I could probbaly go to 3.8 you know on stock. I mean, if 3.6 works, for an extra 200mhz i should be able to do it, if not i should be able to do it with +0.02v.

The water loop i havent ordered yet. Waiting for sidewindercomputers to get some of the heatkiller 3.0 heatsinks back in stock. Also waiting to make enough commision at work. Mothers day was hectic, made around $130 extra i recon... have to check that, also made $70 last week.

So i have around $200AUD so far, another two weeks is when they said they are expecting them and then i should have enough if i even decide to go through with it at all.

Intel i7 920 @ 4.210Ghz D stepping 3849A916

4210n.jpg

EVGA VDroop Control ( Without VDroop )
CPU VCore ( 1.300 )
CPU VTT Voltage ( +300 )
CPU PLL VCore ( 1.75 )
DIMM Voltage ( 1.65 )
DIMM DQ Vref ( +0 )
QPI PLL VCore ( 1.300 )
IOH VCore ( 1.375 )
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage ( 1.625 )
ICH VCore ( 1.25 )
PWM Frequency ( 800 )

Temps from 1 hour run of OCCT v3.0.1

Intel SpeedStep - Disabled
CxE Function - Disabled
Execute Disable Bit - Disabled
Virtualization Technology - Disabled
TI 1394 - Disabled (firewire)
JMB362 SATA Controller - Disabled (I don't need all 10 SATA ports)
Second Boot Device - Disabled
Third Boot Device - Disabled
Boot Other Device - Disabled
Full Screen LOGO Show - Disabled
Turbo Boost - Enabled
HT - Enabled (Hyper-Threading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom