Hyperthreading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That true. You should definitely turn off all of those random useless processes in the background that the manufacturer puts on your laptop. Just uninstall anything that you didn't install yourself and isn't necessary to run your computer.

Go to administrative tools in control panel and then the services panel and turn off any unnecessary services. Then go to the run dilagoue and type in msconfig turn on no GUI boot and stop any unnecessary programs from running.

This sounds pretty cool, a friend told me this is only possible on Intel processors. Since I have an AMD, I've been wondering if there is any equivalent to this for AMD processors?

"Hyper-Threading" is just a trademarked term from Intel that means simultaneous multithreading. I know IBM has used this in the past, I'm not sure if anyone else has. It's not a new technology, Intel's just the only one to include it in desktop procs.

I think some people are getting the impression that this is like a software upgrade that will allow hyperthreading. It is simply a technology built into P4s and now the i7s that allows your processor cores to be seen as 2 cores each to help with multithreading.

Yeah well I actually thought that it was like a modification of the software that split processing to make the speed of processing faster. I never thought it'd be a physical thing that was built in. I thought that there was some way you could modify it using software.

-FrozenSilent

Well there was some sort of bug found with Hyperthreading in the P4 that allowed someone to perform some sort of buffer overrun or something similar... I can't really remember it has been so friggen long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom