My cats breath smells like cat food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalk

In Runtime
Hey. Thought I'd do the New Member Introduction intro.

Like many people, getting games to work successfully and to network correctly opened the door. Games drive everything! :)

My level of knowledge in computers and networking is sometimes pretty good, and other times in depth but tragically out of date,--knowing expanded vs. extended memory, overcomming the 640k limitation, and what ' attrib , ' did pre dos 6.22 or how to dll mangle different odbc drivers to work with in-house apps made by different depts that never talked to each other, also how to make CAT5 rj45 cables without a standard crimping tool. Since I'm old school windows, I was afraid and frightened of XP for quite a while but after taking the plunge and abandoning w98, and finding great sites like this one for info--I'm fairly accepting of XP. I'm still shocked to see explorer using an ungodly amount of system ram. I'm sorta up to date on stuff; however, I left the industry 2 years ago and am now at the UW as a Biochem major.

Most frustrating computer memory: Memmaker giving different settings each time I ran it.

Most common end-user problem: Cables, power button, or popcorn kernel in keyboard. Perkins Coie Law Office -- supporting over 600+ lawyers and staff...ugh.

Most annoying old arguement I've heard over and over: Linux Rulez, Microsoft sucks!

Most fun at a video game: Descent2, pre broadband access. Sloth II, III diku -- and yes couter-strike, but I lack the camping and whoring strategies. jk :) fav old apple II game - loderunner

Least fun at a video game: Battlezone -that voxelish pc game, not the old wireframe one

Oldest part in my computer: - 1.44 floppy drive from a 386. I'm not sure if it works though, haven't had to try for months.

Hiya everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom