4890 GPU compare... thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
XFX for real. because what if it breaks or something. ASUS has terrible customer support (with video cards, dont know about MOBO's) and asus decides not to give you a new one. XFX will replace it without question. i know because i had to send back a 8500GT that i accidentally broke a capacitor off and they replaced the card with a new one.

whoah, what now?

you accidentally broke a capacitor off - and they replaced the GPU no problem?

.. no offense.. but that means their warranty for their cards is idiot proof... you can totally eff up the card and tell them what happened and they love you enough to just send you a new one (after getting the old one I am sure) so that your a happy customer... I have not heard of ANYONE doing this...

XFX for sure then.. if that's true... lol.

The best is when they no longer produce the card that you send back for warranty.

I have heard some stories of some pretty nice upgrades.

xfx ftw.

actually the warrenty means jack to me.

My whole plan for this rig was to last "5 years" so a "lifetime" warranty is kinda wasted on it.
Double Lifetime
Means the second owner gets the warranty too. That can help you sell a gpu no prob.

I'd go xfx too.

The best is when they no longer produce the card that you send back for warranty.

I have heard some stories of some pretty nice upgrades.

xfx ftw.

Your not going to do much better then this story

So get this... I was at a lan, and this guy was telling me how he got his gtx260 216's for almost free. (I know the guy too, I play supcom and coh all the time with him)
He had 2x 8800gtx's in SLI for years.... one of them was having some problems, only ONE of them.... So he rma'd it...
They wanted to send him back a gtx260....
He said "But I have another 8800gtx..... I can't sli both... it would be a downgrade for me!"
So xfx says "send us the other 8800gtx, we will send you out another gtx260".

Now that is just amazing support.

Oh, and they RMA'd my 8800gt that wasn't stable at stock clocks, and I needed to lower it from stock to get stability. This was after I had taken off the stock cooler and replaced it with an accelero.

Come to think of it... I like Asus a lot too... but I think I will be going xfx next time I buy brand new :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom