ATi X700 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merlin

Daemon Poster
Radeon X700 series to launch on 21st

Three versions

By Fuad Abazovic in Wien: Tuesday 14 September 2004, 00:05

AS WE PREVIOUSLY revealed, ATI is finally going to launch its Geforce 6600 counter attack also known as Radeon X700 series. You can check our original part here.
On the 21st of September it will launch three cards of the flagship variety sexily known as X700XT clocked at 500/1000 MHz the one that can score 8000 3Dmark03. Nvidia 6600GT can score close to 8000 in the same test and use the same clock speeds. So it's tight in this test, but I have to remind you that ATI's card should be $49 more expensive.

The X700PRO will use its 420MHz core and weird clocked 864MHz memory speeds but won't have any Nvidia counter part to compete against. It will score 7000 3Dmark03 and we have every reason to believe that the ATI's flagship clock speeds will fire cannons against Nvidia, which has not revealed its Geforce 6600GT scores. Yet. Yes, we believe that X700XT is a card rushed out to run at 500/1000MHz because of great 6600GT scores.

The X700 non XT and non PRO will work at 400/600 MHz and will still end up much faster then Nvidia's Geforce 6600 non GT clocked to a modest 300/500 MHz. Modest? Nvidia? The X700 non XT and non PRO - let's call it Standard - will come with $149 SRP (suggested retail price) as much as the Nvidia 6600 standard card costs. The big difference is that Nvidia cards score 4300 in 3Dmark03 while the ATI card will score as much as the 6000 due to its much faster memory and clock.

I expect that Nvidia will suddenly announce better yields or something and change its mind all of a sudden about its 6600 - for example by using a faster core and memory clock, as it donÂ’t stand any chance at all against the current X700 Standard card.

The mainstream PCI Express wars are heating up. µ

That from The Inquirer;)

I was much surprised by the pace of the 6600, so it should be interesting to see this battle play out:D

Now ATi now has.....X800, X700, X600 and X300:eek:

Yea, and in some of those benchmarks the 9700 series beat out the X700 series. Just another rushed card like ATI has done this whole generation to compete with the outstanding Nvidia.

beedubaya said:
I so much want to start a flame war here, but being the good person I am, I won't.

Why:p I'm just saying its funny how you jab at ATi whenever you get the chance;) :)

If you don't like their cards BTW, then why have their logo in your sig:p Kinda misrepresenting your views as I see it:confused: Almost like "Hey look I have an ATI and AMD!":p :)

The Merlin said:
Why:p I'm just saying its funny how you jab at ATi whenever you get the chance;) :)

If you don't like their cards BTW, then why have their logo in your sig:p Kinda misrepresenting your views as I see it:confused: Almost like "Hey look I have an ATI and AMD!":p :)

Its not that I don't like them, I just don't think they should charge so much for cards that can't even compete with Nvidia's similar model. The X800 Pro should be around $250-300 because its very similar in performance to the 6800NU. But instead ATI charges the same amount for the X800 Pro as the 6800 GT, which totally blows away the X800 Pro. I am a big fan of the 9800 series, and everything seems play smoother than they do on my X800, and at higher resolutions. Maybe there is something wrong with my card, or maybe its just driver problems. Either way, I am going to be looking at a graphics card upgrade by next summer (it will either be the R520 or Nvidia's next model), whatever is faster. This time I will wait until the drivers mature so I really do know what is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom