*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

haha should be around 14.2 seconds ^_^......go ahead and post! i wanna see...welcome to the clan! but watch out...it's addicting and fun

hey gothich1ck use these two programs instead of the regular super pi. This one will give you the time in thousands of a second
Super PI Mod

then use this program to show the clock and settings of your cpu ^_^

CPUID

ack double post forgot about that >_< sorry mods

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Yea I was lookin at options and like "WTF how did they get the .00x seconds readout" and trying to see it in options or something.

I will re-run them (Plan to run them all eventually to "fully show off" the stock clocks lol)

I will just do up to the 1M tonight, kinda tired, rough day, and I wanna play games lol.

Be back soon with a post.

**Edit**
14.702s so a little more then you were predicting. puts me right under carnageX - and literally 0.001 above toxicity_27 Lolz.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Other/SuperPiTest.png

Don't mine the Photobucket account, its my Roomies.. forgot he was logged in.. lolz.

Oh yea.. and more core speed is going to look rediculously low because of the standard settings (under power when idle) and when I took the shot... but it's stock speeds, I did see it peak up to 2.82 GHz on it's own however.

You have some insane speedstep going on there!!

Your i7 is clocked at 133x3 -- 400mhz!!! I didn't know it will go that low

hahaha i was thinking the same thing.......i was like "woah thats killer speed stepping there" but i bet it would drastically cut down power consumption

Jesus. That is a low reading.

It's very odd to see an i7 go from a Nehalem to a Deschutes in a matter of seconds...

Why would it be wrong?

The i7 is designed by default (which is how I have it set up - default everything ) to use less power by "under clocking" itself when not in use, then when tasks hit it to use more, it powers itself up.

The underclocking saves a lot of power actually - instead of constantly running full speed and power usage - it tones it down when I am say.. sleeping.. or... at work and obviously not going to be doing anything for a few hours (although I do set up things to run, but they typically take less then 2 hours to run, so 6 hours is doing "nothing" idle.)

Performance wise, I can't really judge due to the serious bottle neck my GPU causes, so I can't really compare games and such with it all defaults right now. Soon hopefully... soon.

Well, all new intel CPUs have SpeedStep, but underclocking to 400mhz is insane...never seen that one. I've seen other i7 CPUs underclocked with SpeedStep, but not that far down.

Back
Top Bottom