Thoughts, Questions, Feedback on Tech-Forums Live Help Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hello, I'm assuming most of you have see the sign: introducing TF's Live Computer Help Desk.

A quick summary of what the idea is:
a) have TF moderators (or others) provide LIVE, instant, remote help desk/ support for people (ie. fix computer problems and help solve or do stuff you don't know how to do)
b) yes, you can use the forums like you always do, but for a fee, you can have a moderator do it for you or help you know.
c) being a TF member is not required, etc.
d) where i could market to the public, etc. If you need tech/computer help, use us.

So, we started off by Trotter doing virus, spyware, pc tunes, etc.
Computer Services

The Remote Access is done by a software company called TeamView: an easy, simple way to do secure remote computer access.

Using paypal and using an online agreement. With the guarantee if things are fixed/completed, you get your money back. In Trotter's services, we let 3rd party software tell us if the job is completed or not.

So, I'm wanting to get YOUR feedback or questions/thoughts on the idea.

Would you use it? why or why not?
Any questions about the process? is is easy/simple to use and/or figure out?
Any services you would like us to provide?

Thanks
Larry

if i were a total noob then it would seem pretty appealing. but the prices are just a bit high IMHO. $75 seems a bit much for a virus removal. i would say about $50. but that's just me. i dont know what the pros charge for that kind of stuff.

Hmmmm, i dunno, seems as if most of this stuff is done for free by us anyway. Undecided.

thanks,

so on that line of thinking...
there are many people/business that charge a lot more, and obviously people who charge less.
If you look at the people who are charge more and look at the people who charge less --- IMO, there isn't much difference between the two types. NOW, their website or business presentation might be different... but we are going for "results".

We're not the first people to guarantee results, but I didn't find people/business do the guarantee like we do... which is to have 3rd party software tell the results. Meaning, the scans and/or benchmarks tell us if the job was done.

As a question of can you do it yourself ---- well, Tech-Forums was built on DIY and help for free... that's what the forums are.

However, there is experience, time, knowledge and learning curves and/or "know how" that must be learned. If you want to learn all that and (you can't learn it over night) -- the forums will help you do that.
But on the other hand, time is money. For the services we are starting out with, its like taking you car to the mechanic -- you could do it yourself, but you don't. For the price, I think its in the middle, especially when you factor in who is doing the working and the guarantee.

So anyway, would like some more feed back, -- any thoughts on this topic, just trying to get a feel on what people think -- when you see Tech-Forums Live Help Desk :)

thanks

also it would be cool to have support for first time computer builders that might have a problem or something like that.

This is mainly for us to get Remote access to their PC. If they are having problems with a install of a OS or dont have access to a OS then this service isnt going to be of use for them.

well it is a good idea...prices are a little steep imo. I would not use it because i could do it myself, but noob's might. Although, i would think that they would use a local business rather then do it online. It is a good idea, but i doubt it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom