Not good - I thought I OC'd my Processor, but now its running slower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - just in case anyone is wondering about temps - its still only about 41 C after an hour long prime95 stress test:

cpu2.gif

well that might be your problem. because the mobo might be downclocking your ram alot, that could explain your poor performance. so set the ram in your bios to the stock settings and voltages and then overclock your CPU.

well that might be your problem. because the mobo might be downclocking your ram alot, that could explain your poor performance. so set the ram in your bios to the stock settings and voltages and then overclock your CPU.

Philbar.

I checked in BIOS - and my RAM Voltage and the Settings are set to AUTO. Would you happen to know which voltage and settings I should set them at?

not off of the top of my head, i only wish i had that kind of brain ;)

what is the model num and i'll tell you what to set the stuff at.

ok the ram should be running at 800MHZ w/ 4-4-4-12 timings at 1.9v. those are stock settings.

you will have to play around with the mem/fsb divider to get it run at the stock speeds. not too sure about the settings exactly. perhaps we could see a pic of the bios settings page where the FSB and mem settings are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom