what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompun

ALWAYS use thermal paste no matter what. Nuff said.

Re: what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompun

Gotta agree with James. It's like running your car with no oil.

Up up and away will the temps of your cpu rise
The end being not far off is no surprise
If you make it past post
Your cpu will be toast
And on it eggs you can fry

Up up and away will the temps of your cpu rise
The end being not far off is no surprise
If you make it past post
Your cpu will be toast
And on it eggs you can fry

Haha. +1

is it not true that manufacturers apply thermal paste at the factories? Are you asking if you can get by by not applying aftermarket paste?

Thermal paste is never directly applied to the CPU upon manufacturing... not that I'd ever heard of at least. And the only thing that really comes with pre-applied thermal paste is a stock cpu cooler, which aren't very good to begin with.

Thermal paste is never directly applied to the CPU upon manufacturing... not that I'd ever heard of at least. And the only thing that really comes with pre-applied thermal paste is a stock cpu cooler, which aren't very good to begin with.

My stock CPU that came with me e6750 is doing quite well. Have about ten applications open and its running at about 30c. It idles around 25c. Stock cooler and paste.

My stock CPU that came with me e6750 is doing quite well. Have about ten applications open and its running at about 30c. It idles around 25c. Stock cooler and paste.

Opening 10 applications is not load. Intel Burn In / Prime95 etc is considered load.

Do it and then we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom