Installing win serv 2003 on new drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant22185

Baseband Member
I was looking to freshen my skills with windows server 2003 and was wanting to put the OS on a separate Drive. The computer I want to put it in will be running a IDE drive. So I want basically 2 separate drives with 2 separate OS. I would be installing the OS from a CD, so my question is. Would all I have to do is install the drive and run the CD as I boot? I know I need to format it but not sure exactly where to do that or if that's just possible as I do the install from the CD.

you pop the disk into your drive and restart your computer, once you do depending on how your bios is set up it will either boot the cd by itself , or you have to push a button ( any computer iv ever done its been F12) and it will ask you what you want to boot from and you pick CD drive i cant help with setting up sever 2003 tho cuz iv never done it, but im sure its not much harder then any other os :) good luck

and it will have a screen for formating and partitioning

Ya I was pretty sure the boot from CD option would give me that option to format and partition the drive when I ran the CD I just couldn't remember.

I am actually going to use it as a server but only in a means of refreshing my memory with the use of server 2003. I may be later taking a Cert test over this if I am required to for a job. Right now I have my CCNA so I am just looking to do this because I don't really think I will be messing with network implementation too much as a new tech. Thanks for the Info though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom