Can you run it site

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingmanRoss

In Runtime
Crazy question>>I go to "Can you run it" site to check if my PC can run a game,been pretty accurate.Question I have is,why would it give me these results(First line is it says I have 2 processors>HuH?I thought I only had 1 processor)

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported)
You Have: 2.99 GHz
PASS

Does this site give some false info? Can You RUN It?

But at this site (Belarc Advisor) file:///C:/Program%20Files/Belarc/Advisor/System/tmp/(Ross).html
it displays the following:

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600) IBM 8113D1U ThinkCentre M52
System Serial Number: LKRB882
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: IBM IBM
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: IBM 2EKT45AUS 10/20/2008
Drives Memory Modules c,d
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
56.25 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800JB-00FSA0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAJD1395085, rev 77.07W77, SMART Status: Healthy 1278 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J9' has 1024 MB
Slot 'J10' has 256 MB
Slot 'J3' is Empty
Slot 'J4' is Empty

Don't double post please...

Nah, the System Requirements is right... you have one core, but its "Hyper-Threaded" (or it could be a glitch in which it thinks its a Hyperthreaded processor but it isn't [do u see a Pentium 4 HT sticker on your case anywhere or in windows?])

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

See that Wikipedia link I posted earlier.

But pretty much you get another core, but its really not there; its more or less virtually there

From PCStats.com, "Modern processors can only handle one instruction from one program at any given point in time. Each instruction that is sent to the processor is called a thread. What I mean is that even though it looks like you're multitasking with your computer (running more then one program at a time) you're really not .

The CPU will divide it's time and power evenly between all the programs by switching back and forth. This little charade of switching back and forth tricks the end user (you and me) and gives us the sense of multitasking.

Dual CPU based systems can work on two independent threads of information from the software but each processor is still limited at working on one thread at any given moment though. The software must be able to dish out two separate pieces of information like Win2000 or Adobe Photoshop for a dual processor system to be really used, by the way."

"Pretty good" is a vague statement. You're computer is somewhat dated, but for general everyday use, it's going to be "pretty good".

Except for the vid.card it does what I want so far.IBM has been better than I had before and the updates for it are very good.

So,you think I have a pretty good system then?I am pretty happy with it except my vid. card which is Sparklr Gforce 6600.

For your use yes, in today's world, in short no. Pentium 4's are way outdated and Intel's largest failure (tied with pentium d) the problem with them was heat and loads of it, along with high temperatures. To back it up, Intel would say "high clocks" but still a good bit slower clock per clock to the Athlon XP's and the Athlon X2/ Opteron 165 of the time..

Playing BF2 Mercs mod cpu temp has not gotten over 51* cent.,It has only been the Vid.card that has ctd if it got too warm,so I am happy for now.Thanks for all the info and replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom