Price value on Nvidia 9600GT 512MB graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenSilent

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I want to build a computer but the main reason I want to build a new computer is my laptop lags on most games I play. It also means I have to set all the settings to low which also annoys me and makes it hard to play games. Anyone have the price range of Nvidia 9600GT 512MB graphics card price? It'd be nice if you could convert it into Aussie dollars for me but if not US dollars is fine. Just tell me the price of the card. I also want to know what is the cheapest graphics card that can run COD4 smoothly (60-70fps), not that I play COD4 but most of the games I play don't require as much as COD 4. Thanks. Also considering equivelant of Nvidia 9600GT 512MB in Ati Radeon or something??

Thanks,

Your help is well appreciated.

-FrozenSilent

You really don't need much for COD4.

Depending on the resolution of the monitor you use, you could get away with running COD4 @ Extra High settings with 2x AA on an HD 3850 or 8800GS or HD 4670 @ 1440x900 to 1280x1024

a 9600GT equivalent for Radeon would be.. well there isn't one, because AMD has cards in that bracket that are faster, the HD 4770 or HD 4830 for example; even the 9800GT is in the 9600GT's price bracket if you search hard enough

Sweet, so this is in US dollars? I'll have to find something in Australia with a similar price tag. 9600/9800 GT seems to be quite a common and stable graphics card so I want to give it a go when I'm building my new computer.

Thanks for all the info guys!

-FrozenSilent

If you're going to get a 9800GTX+, just grab a GTS 250. Pretty much the same card for about the same cost, just slightly updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom