i feel stupid again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
ok so I was putting my new i7 rig together, it felt like the first time to be honest.
I ran into some code problems early on, atleast I thought.

with just the monitor connected and the power of course, I went to boot up the new rig for the first time. Got a code "2A" and though it was an error. So I took the whole thing 100% apart again and started all over making sure everthing was properly hooked up starting from the cpu on.

Put it all back together and went to boot it up again, same thing, I kept trying to get into bios because everything else would light up, pressing "delete delete delete"

But then I realized, my darn keyboard wasnt plugged in, and my monitor would say "no input" while the post screen was there, so i never saw it. after the post screen went away all i got was the hardware monitor showing me my temps.

Well to cut things short, windows is finally loading up and I should be using it to post pics ofthe finished product in my antec 300 thread in the oc section very shortly, atleast I hope.

summary of this post,
I am very forgetful about not having keyboard plugged in!
spent about 5 hours trying to solve a very simple fix lol.

Whereas I, the pwnage, have never done something so stupid and noob-worthy. :)

jj dude, once I flicked the little red switch on the psu from 230v to 115v while it was turned on. made a nice boom...

well, after getting all the drivers and updates installed, im making my first post with my new rig, but its too late to get some pics in tonight, its been a long day lol.

pics or it did not happen. :)
You can sleep when you are dead.

;) that made me laugh out loud in real life ;)

i will see what i can do!

still alot of work to do, after taking it apart just to put it back together, i didnt not worry about the wiremanagement.
and i still have to connect my case fans too hehe.

case_side.jpg

the pic of the top view didnt turn out so good, ill get more pics in less than 24hours

Go to sleep. I was only joking.

But if you do not post pics tomorrow an infraction is coming your way.

hey! i saw your 4.3 core in the superpi section , well done!

i will indeed get some pics in for ya.

Yeah I found the pic online somewhere so I thought I would post it up.
;)

Thanks. took me a bit but bench time is almost over with this rig and time to get it running proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom