line input for mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok, my pc here at work will play sound just fine through the speakers. I plugged in a male to male so i could play my mp3 player through the computer so i would only have to have 1 set of speakers on my desk. The realtek driver acknowledges that there is "something" plugged into the line-in, but i get no sound and there is no slider bar for the volume on the line-in. Any ideas?

I have reinstalled the realtek driver, and my mp3 player works just fine playing through speakers. I'm confuzzled. It worked perfectly fine on my pc at my last job. I'll try it at home and see if i get the same issue.

Assuming you've got windows running, you have to open up the sound controller. Few things to check there.
1. Make sure line in isn't muted.
2. Sometimes there's an extra option like 'back-front blue audio in' or something stupid like that. Make sure that's enabled and un-muted.
3. If that fails you can use the record port as a line-in port.

Assuming you've got windows running, you have to open up the sound controller. Few things to check there.
1. Make sure line in isn't muted.
2. Sometimes there's an extra option like 'back-front blue audio in' or something stupid like that. Make sure that's enabled and un-muted.
3. If that fails you can use the record port as a line-in port.

I tried all of that. Its like the line-in isnt seeing the input. On the sound tab, there is no line-in slider either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom