installing mobo wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

proman9988

Solid State Member
I got a new computer tower and I installed all the wires for it into the mobo. And the tower suppose to have a temp gague in the front and it is not on. My only guess is that the wire is pluged in to wrong spot? or somethng. I have never worked with this kind of thing before so any one think they can help? Is there a wire to plug in to make the temp show?? or am i suppose to turn something on??

Newegg.com - XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Double check the board and wires where it is connecting to, also check the manual for specific locations of the mobo and the manual of the case where each wire that attaches to the board. Most cases with front gauges connect to the board.

Isnt it just suppose to be one wire that gives the front leds power? The tower has other lights in the front that are on, so wouldnt it use the 1 wire to power up all the led lights. including the temp lights. Unless the temp has a special wire for it.

Also i wouldnt say it is a gague it is just some digital led lights.

Possible to have 1 wire that powers on all lights but some cases have additional wire for the front temp. Did you check out the case manual? If it actually is only 1 wire that powers on all then the case could be faulty. But double check first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom