***Paging Aspire*** 50* CPU/40* GPU w LC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok...

But could someone please explain to me how to run a single rad with a CPU and a GPU block? I just don't see a point to run hot coolant from the CPU to the GPU block.

And as far as the paste, I just do a very light smear across the cpu... Just enough to cover the silver-ish look. just until it's evenly distributed..

Because the coolant is running through the loop fairly fast, temps from any one point of the loop to another vary by no more than a few degrees at most.

For your thermal paste, like I said, grab some MX/TX -2 it's the same stuff so either will work, and put the paste right in the middle of the chip, then let the pressure of the waterblock spread it out.

I'm gonna do a new case with in the next 6 months, so I'll try the 320 single rad.. N o harm no foul, and I'll have to take the LCS apart to get it out of the case anyway, so why not try something different.

You can also spread the paste yourself with a credit card (NOT A KNIFE! IT WILL SCRATCH) or "paint brush"

most people put too much paste on, it's only designed to be a hair thin bit to fill in the micro cracks and provide a heat transfer much better then Air (air sucks to try and push heat through) literally it's like painting a layer of paint on your wall - a very thin amount, 1 coat.

I found out I was putting too much paste on my Xbox360 and the temps raise pretty quickly, now that i have had some practice the "hair thin brush strokes" conduct much better, the heat sinks are hotter (which means they are doing their job better- taking heat OFF the chips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom