My i7 trials, with a lot of error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah 50gb isn't enough for the OS. I gave 60gb to Vista and I regretted it.

Also, if it means anything now, the reason why XP was running slow is two fold.
1: half of the cool and nifty features that all of you hardware has didn't exist when XP came out, and because of this, non of it is supported
2: You were using 32bit xp, that means you ram capped out at 4gig, and probably much lower since you had a lot of memory with your video card.

Yeah 50gb isn't enough for the OS. I gave 60gb to Vista and I regretted it.

Also, if it means anything now, the reason why XP was running slow is two fold.
1: half of the cool and nifty features that all of you hardware has didn't exist when XP came out, and because of this, non of it is supported
2: You were using 32bit xp, that means you ram capped out at 4gig, and probably much lower since you had a lot of memory with your video card.

Well... right now with the way I have it I have 27.3GB free of 48.7GB for my OS drive... it seems to be running "fine" for now, I still plan to Deep6 this setup when I get my new case/GPU.

yea.. 2.99GB was all that would show for my RAM. Now that I run 6GB my games are a little higher on the graphics (some things exist now that didn't before, and all that changed really was the OS and "RAM") although now that I play on higher resolution- it's a tad more choppy, but I can live with it until my 4890 shows up.

I would just get the gpu before the case. These parts are made to survive in intense heat. As long as you aren't overclocking some warm temps won't be a big deal, and a new gpu seems a lot more pressing of a need than a new case.

Fair enough- but lets take the worse possible instance here

Let's say I buy my GPU and put it in and the temps at idle are.. 70C and when under load max out and cause crashes -

How would you handle cooling - keeping in mind a new case is a month or so away- so buying a bunch of stuff to just keep cool isn't very cost-effective, so I need to find a cheap "temporary" way to keep them cooled off.....

My cooling solution would to run the case open and perhaps put a house fan blowing air on to it.

I have run the duct taped fan on the side of a case before and helped alot.

totally ghetto but for 1 or 2 months who cares.

hahaha and i thought i was the only one that had done that........LOL!

shoot I use that with a server that the mb fan headers went out on to keep it running for 2 days while waiting for a replacement.

My solution would be hefe's for a temporary fix, but for long term you will want to asses the cooling in your case. How many fans do you have on intake? How many on exhaust? Is everything blowing in the same direction, or do you have some fans fighting each other? Ideally you will want your front fans to suck in and your rear fans to blow out, everything in between should be pushing air to the back. If you have poor wire management then that can hurt your airflow, as can poor use of fans or even a lack of fans. If you need more Newegg has a lot of good ones for cheap. Check the recommended parts 2.0 thread for good fans.

Once she picks up her haf she will be doing alright.

We just got to get her by until the cash flow is right for the case purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom