Asus 4400 TI Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit I'm such a failure! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! bah! hehehe sry I didn't help ya further...I just went to the 2 things I knew existed. Glad you found something for your use though. Goodluck and try not to fry it :p

It's okay, anyways I found out that on my specific brand and card I can get about 307/680 on stock cooling. Stock speed is 275/552.

yes but those speeds would be pushing it with your stock cooler... after u get the aftermarket heatsink and fans see wut temps ur getting without ocing and then check the temps after u oc to those values (307/680).. if the temps pretty low n theres room for improvement then u can explore lil further at ur own discretion :p lol

Yea.... I guess my room's ambient temperature is higher because I can only get up to 300/640 without getting artifacts, but that is still really fast compared to stock, and faster then some more exspensive cards if I'm thinking correctly.

Well I got a GeForceFX 5700 256mb card and it doesn't come with a heat probe and I believe my last one overheated....because the one the manufacturer replaced has a much bigger fan and heatsink on it and like 3 more tiny heatsinks where there weren't ones before.... So with that in mind I'm kind of afraid to even attempt to OC it cause I don't want this one to burn too =/

Then again when I had the other card I had stock CPU fan and no cooling...just side panel open and CPU of 64C idle...now my CPU stays at like 38C idle and 40C on full load when I game at night...so I could probably spare some room, but I don't like not knowing what the cards temp is

EDIT: BTW I've generally heard you want screw up your card unless you make big jumps and push it way past it's top real fast...as long as you go slow and as soon as you notice artifacts step it back I haven't heard of too many incidents of people frying out their cards.

That's what I have been doing... I went up in 5mhz increments until I got artifacts then backed down.

Ehehe, I just installed coolbits last night so appearantly my stock card speed was 300/500 and the best it got to before the test said 'Your card failed the testing of new settings step it back' was

472/572 and only increased my aquamark from 23k to 25K but there was a little noticeable difference in smoothness as far as the benchmark test was concerned....I read an article that got way better results on their 5700 card but I've already had to send one back so I don't really want to push it and just left it at normal speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom