umm need a bit of help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he's right, the blue caviars are the middle range (what were the best before the blacks were out and the greens are the low end budget drives.

But anyway, you cant really build a newegg build from usa parts change alot over here in terms in availability and price/performance, if you wanted to get a cheap build to last this would be good.

EDIT: MAN! i double posted in another thread and i wasn't sure what i did, now i realize my build i made for you is gone, i don't have time to make it now but when i get home i'll show you a nice build. this is a good site for parts if you just buy a card which is probably your best route until you want to spend about 1k. Online Computer Store - Umart online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system

Ya I figured out he is right. I just think its odd that the Blues only have 16mb cache if they are supposed to be midrange. They also cap at 750gb when the greens have a 1.5tb drive now

What you're getting confused with is the 'quality' part of the equation. This might sound cliche, but size doesn't matter. The actual operation of the drive is what makes it better/worse.

You're right though, it is weird that the green as 32Mb of cache over a 16Mb blue cache

Ok now if your willing to spend about 1000 this is what you would get for your money.

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P M/B - AMD 790X/SB750, AM3/AM2+/AM2 CPU
AMD phenom II 720
4830 graphics card
500gb WD caviar
450w corasir power supply
4gb gskill Pi ram
and cheapish case of your choice.

You could swap to a cheaper e5200 and intel board combo which would save you a bout 100 or so. But this is alot better for the extra, Here in australia, youre really not going to get your moneys worth under 1000 without going with cheaper un reliable branded components. I was originally going to get you a 710 amd cpu but they dont seeem to be common here in australia, you may also save some cash buyign from msy, but umart usually has pretty similar prices. If i were you i would just upgrade the ram and gpu for now, then later on when your willign tp upgrade, come on here and i can make a proper build for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom