Network connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
So, I've had this motorola 802.11G router for as long as I can remember, and I've gone through two computer mother boards.

The recent issue I've noticed with MY computer, is the lack of any CAT5 connections. meaning, the network cable is plugged in, I am not getting an internet connection period. So, I tried to load up my ye' olde motherboard disc to no avail.

So, I remember a program that actually went out and looked at the drivers installed on my board and told me which to download and possible enable my cat5 connections.

any ideas?

How about what motherboard do you have?

Have you check the manufactures website for the proper lan driver download?

So, don't laugh at my ancient mother board :D

It is a M2N-SLI Deluxe and while I have searched through there drivers, I haven't found one that meets the correct updates, am I missing some thing? Plus navigating through there driver selection screen in firefox messes up some of the time and I can't physically identify the drivers I need or want.

Well it shows that the lan is buit into the chipset drivers so you should just have the latest chipset drivers and be ok.

It also has a marvell lan as well you can try these here for win xp 32bit. You can change os if this is not what you have.
Marvell: Drive Search Results

So yours has dual lan almost the same as my old asus board. I found that one of mine went bad so try both ports to see if one works better than the other.

Alright, downloaded, it's pretty early in the morning here so I will update on my success/failure a little later.

Thanks for the information!

So, I've had this motorola 802.11G router for as long as I can remember, and I've gone through two computer mother boards.

The recent issue I've noticed with MY computer, is the lack of any CAT5 connections. meaning, the network cable is plugged in, I am not getting an internet connection period. So, I tried to load up my ye' olde motherboard disc to no avail.

So, I remember a program that actually went out and looked at the drivers installed on my board and told me which to download and possible enable my cat5 connections.

any ideas?

Try another Lan cable.

Try another port in your router.

Are other computers having the same problem

Make sure LAN is turn on in bios

Check for any bent pins in the LAN port.

Check LAN drivers

Plug in a 10/100 Nic (Realtek Chipset prefered) and see what happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom