Which OS is best OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP Pro is way better! Windows 2000 doesn't even let you run "outdated" software, but with XP you've got the compatibility mode
we installed 2000 a while back and guess what? the printer didn't work, and so many programs that we had didn't work
With XP we have had very few problems

WINXP Pro, not that i dun like Linux.

Yes, other than security issues that XP Pro has, its a very end user friendly software. Disgard the silly bill's attempt to get everyone to SP1 and SP1a of XP by incorporating the USB2.0 into the packs, XP Pro is definitely fine. You get to use lotsa applications and also games. Also, by changing the unicodes function, you could make ur XP read foreign languages without much issues.

I tried Linux 8 redhat, but the office.org pissed me off... Other than that, i like the UI. Of coz, talking abt UI...OS X is still the best i ever used!

Depends on wht you need. Want something generic, then XP Pro is a go. Want something creative, get the Mac OS X.

2000Pro or XPPro
XPPro is better, hass less problems with drivers and software.

BTW, I don't know if any of you ever used the compatabilty mode in XP? It never worked with me. Tried it with lots of games. Or is it only for programs?

saw in a newspaper article that the OS X has absolutely no virus problems
Got a little net, catch no fish.
hmmm.. does mac os X actually work on a pc? ... i heard it only works on macs
Yep, it works. Just nowhere near as fast or as good as on Mac components. The architecture is slightly different so the OS has to do some emulating and adjusting on the fly.

2000 vs XP-Pro
For all those who actually like Win2k, you should upgrade to Windows Server 2003 as yer OS. Runs very similar to the Win2k block-of-lead style, but has the speed and compatability of XP.
compatabilty mode in XP? It never worked with me.
The compatability mode option in Xp is not a full emulator. RTFM. Anyway, the compatability mode only does adjustments, such as setting the screen colors and sound settings, and also does under-clocking to prevent really old games from running too fast. However, it won't fully adjust the DirectX components, and if the game only supported an older version of DirectX that the current version won't go backwards to, yer screwed. Also, since Windows often has to make a lot of adjustments for older programs, it can take quite a while before they initialize. For instance, it can take almost an hour before the Lords-of-the-Realm-I install screen comes up, even though the game plays fine afterwards.

apokalipse said:
i saw in a newspaper article that the OS X has absolutely no virus problems
"no. of viruses: 0"

Sounds like a challenge :p jk

And the titanic is [was] unsinkable :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom