Finally crossing the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSalsa

Baseband Member
Hey everyone! I know its been a year or so since I have been on, but I am FINALLY finished with building my computer. Yay! I was waiting for a nice video card deal to come through, and JUST today I see Newegg selling the GTX 260 core 216 with a whaaaaat?!? $15 promo code and free shipping off of an already $10 instant discount So that $200 card I got for $150-155 after rebate. Just thought I'd share ^.^

oh, and for those who don't know me (which is probably most of y'all >.>)

Specs:
CASE---Thermaltake Armor
RAM---4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers
PSU---CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V (might not be strong enough?)
MOBO---EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI
HDD--- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA (x2)
CPU---Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz
SINK/FAN---Tuniq Tower 120
GPU---EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB
OS---Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium

It was fun putting everything together...but, I honestly, I'm not insanely excited...I don't know what to expect. I've been on $400 store bought computers for like 10+ years, and no one around builds computers like this. lol. I hope my mind explodes.

Thanks...and...uhh..^.^'' actually I'm not sure how to make all my wires all nice and neat, but they are mostly out of the way.

It is a pain. I ended up doing some chopping and came up with this.

3500618919_6e4c2f9be2.jpg

that is one clean build

my build doesn't look anywhere as good as that

to OP: nice computer, i know exactly what you mean going from a store bought to a custom built high performance pc, theres no going back...EVER!

Cut 5 holes in the motherboard tray. There is a fair amount of room behind the tray and the back panel to run cables. Also with the extra room with risers they give you so it is btx compatible you got some room under the motherboard itself.

True...too bad I really REALLY don't want to rewire again. those little prongs for the case to mobo (for the mic and stuff) are a pain.

those prongs you are referring to are called headers.

p.s neat cable management their hefemeister

p.s i know im back on a p4 hp from a q6600 and a 8800gtx

So my video card comes today, should be here in a few hours. My buddy was talking about all these programs that help keep the computer clean and in top performance, I was wondering which programs to install (virus, malware, OC and cleanup programs, etc.). I've been searching for threads and figured I will post on here as well to aid.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom