900 goes a chop chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
Well, after picking up a second GTX 260, and a larger psu, It was impossible to shoe horn them into a stock case.

So From this: 8800gt no wire management.

To this cleaned up:

Now, adding a 260 ate up some space, no pics, then even worse... 2 260s were horrible.

So out came the dremal.................. buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Slot, cut for the PSU, and 3 holes for the case wires and 8 pin.
000_0535.jpg

Yha the slots croocked.. My dads first real metal cutting time. But the 8 pin went good.
Used some screen door bead as edge covering for the time being, works but Fugly. Will fix it eventually.
No HD work yet, but thinking of a revesal, or just a wire tuck.

So now comes the shoe horn'en. Scarely close, the 8-pin psu just made it, and the case wires actual tucked away nicely under the bottom card.

Everything looked pretty good ................ Till the important cables went in. The 900 went from spacious to sardine can with the 2nd 260, so power cables cluttered it back up. ugh

Not totally happy with the Silverstones wires, full modular is very nice.. no 4 pin, but they're just not pretty.

Anyway, the SATA power, reached all 3 drives with 1 ribbon easily.
I looped and zip-tied the doubled pci-e cables and looped them between the cards. Doesn't stay very well, but its okay.
000_0541.jpg

As you can see the DA700s pretty long.

It's pretty crap looking compared to other\s, but for a 900, with dual 260's it's not bad...

The bottom 260, xfx standard model, runs alittle warm.. 10C more than the top, so I'm gonna have to addres that. psu isn't helping blowing up on it, so i might add a side fan to draw out the warm air.

All and all I'm happy with the first ever mod, but it looks like its new case time.

Anyone got any easy hints... be nice........ I'm a crpple.... and now hittig 20k ppd folding. Haven't SLI'd yet.. ran out of build time... but will rerun vantage again.. scored a 11009 ith my bfg oc'd to 605/1453/1015 (fah settings)

Well, after picking up a second GTX 2760

Wow a little time traveling there. I have not seen the specs on a gtx 2760 and you already have two. ;)

Not too bad for fitting 2 gtx260's in a antec 900.

Too bad your psu was not sleeved.

Looks good. Great work.

BTW that top fan on the PSU is sucking, not blowing. It's already drawing warm air out of the case. The reason the bottom card is running a bit warmer is probably because it's fighting for the air with the PSU fan.

It is........ but the sleeveing starts lower down.
17-256-035-05.jpg

forgot these angles:

Looks good. Great work.

BTW that top fan on the PSU is sucking, not blowing. It's already drawing warm air out of the case. The reason the bottom card is running a bit warmer is probably because it's fighting for the air with the PSU fan.

Really?? My corsair was a blowing, as i always had dust on the back. That's an easy fix with a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom