will running pc100 and pc 133ram together work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ues cpuz just tells u what the ram is rated at.. meaning the speeds it is capable of acheiving.. your 512 mb is actually running at 100... you would notice a signifant increase in performance if u got rid of the pc100 stick... i mean 128 mb is not THAT big of a factor to reduce by.. the speed increase is worth it :)

jseber1982 said:
Ok my wifes computer has a stick of 128mb pc100 in it. i Also put in a stick of 256mb pc133. I noticed that the system went to crap and got slow afterwards. I figure that the pc133 ram would run at pc100 to match the other stick of pc100. Is this so? or do they run at different speeds and muck everything up.

Thanks

Basically you don't know until you try on whether they work or not.
It's come down to make for the ram and motherboard make and model.

What's suppose to happen is that the 133 ram will run at 100.

I've never had a problem with running pc100 with pc133 before. Infact I even managed to overclock my P3 chip from 133FSB to 150FSB.

lol yah, iv been a tech for a few years now, got my a+ and mcse

Yet you have to ask if PC100 and PC133 RAM will work together? Must not take much to get those certs :confused: I would say you were looking for facts than opinions since it sounds like you're having troubles with the RAM cooperating together, but oh well.

I've got PC2700 and PC3200 mixed up in this case right now with a CPU that only has a 266FSB lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom