Water Cooling - New

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Just wanted to get an idea of the cheapest (but best if that makes sense) water cooling kit i can get to cool just my cpu (i7 920).

Im in Australia so an australian site would be best.

I currently have an i7 920 in a HAF 932 so i have room for the top mounted rad.

My current temps are 35 idle and 70 load at 3.4ghz using prime95 (so thats 100% load for 15 minutes before the temps evened out to around 70-73 with no rising/flucutations.)

So with that said, whats the best kit i can get and is it worth the trouble (those temps are with a decent Rifle S1283 and it doesnt look capable of cooling it further, also, australia gets very hot in summer and ambient here was only 25c when i did the tests, it can get to 35+c....).

Thank you.

EDIT: I was eyeing these parts so far but have no other idea of what to get:

Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU Waterblock Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Performance CPU Waterblock [APOGEE-GTZ] - $115.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components
Swiftech Apogee-GTZ-CI7 1366 Bracket Swiftech Apogee-GTZ-CI7 1366 Bracket [GTZ-Ci7] - $16.50 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components
Swiftech MCP655-B 12V Pump Swiftech MCP655 12V Pump [SW-MCP655B] - $159.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components
Swiftech MCR320-QP Radiator Swiftech MCR320-QP Radiator [SW-MCR320-QP] - $109.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

You will need a reservoir.. maybe an EK multioption? depending on how it will fit in the case...
everything looks pretty good, although I've heard some AWESOME things about the new Heatkiller 3.0 CPU blocks.. and at ~65 bux for the second to highest model.. I'd do that instead... if you can find one in stock.. people are saying a 10C load diff from the GTZ....

people argue 355 vs. 655 ... either would be a good choice... I've read if you plan to have multiple blocks in one loop the 355 with reservoir top is a good idea... while less restrictive loops can benefit from the 655's higher flow... although the price on that 655 is way too high...

I went with 355's with res tops because it is compact and fits best with my setup...

Alrighty, im leaning towards the 655, but anyway... so:

- Heatkiller 3.0 1366 CPU Block
- Swiftech MCP655 Pump
- Swiftech MCR220-QP Radiator with 2x Enermax Magma Batwing Blade 120mm (Color scheme is nice)
- Resevoir? Does it matter? Whats easier for a HAF932 with the top fill port? Just take a T up there?
- Please recommend all other parts i will need.

Thank you. Looking for an idea to slowly build up.

Petra's Tech Shop

Done.

Petras will ship overseas and chances are you'll save some cash going this route. $100 usd for a GTZ is highway robbery.

The Heatkiller is a great block, but there is nowhere near a 10C improvement versus the GTZ.

Also, try and go for a MCR320 at least, that 220 won't offer you much headroom.

Reservoir is meh, just use a t-line, save some more money that way, I'd also reccomend the 355 pump as opposed to the 655. The darn thing is just too big.

Looks great. Thanks.
D-TEK FuZion v2 as good as the GTZ?

GTZ is in a whole nother league. Plus because of the superb mounting system on the GTZ it's nearly impossible to get a bad mount resulting in higher than normal temps unlike all the other major blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom