What NVidia Card is Comparable to the Radeon HD 3650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrick

Baseband Member
I've got the Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3650 w/ 512MB of video RAM. I think, but I'm not sure, that this would be approximately comparable to the NVidia 8600 GT w/ 512MB of Video RAM, is that right? The reason I want to ask is that I play a few games (TF2, HL2, Oblivion, UT3) on my HD 3650, but I'd like to build a rig that's almost the same in terms of power, on an Intel/NVidia slant this time.

tl;dr
Does Radeon HD 3650 (512MB) = 8600 GT (512MB)? If not, what NVidia card does?

Well, for some reason there's no HD3650 on our graphics card rankings, however yes I believe they are similar in power - you'd be much better off getting an 8800GS or a 9800GT however, than an 8600GT. Besides, they're pretty hard to find nowadays.

A 9500GT pushing 1680x1050 for gaming? ::shudder::

An 8600 would be fairly close to a 3650, a 9600 would be over it. Depending on your budget, you could chose whatever. The 4770 is a killer card and run for $99. It outperforms the 4830 and matches a 4850 in many ways.

Why are you looking to build a rig with the same power as an older rig? Why not the best you can in your budget?

Haha like Trotter said, a 9500gt at 1680x1050 playing oblivion? That doesn't sound pretty.

The 4770 is a great card for cheap. I would get that one if I were you

It's not an older rig, it's one I built about a month or two ago. I'm looking to build another with the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L because I want it to be very compatible with multiple Operating Systems. *cough*

I'm trying to choose a video card that would play very nicely more than just Windows and Linux, but would also game well enough for a casual TF2/Oblivion player under Windows.

Oh, well I assumed it was an older build because of the older parts. The Gigabyte P35 is an older board as well as the 8600gt. What is your budget for this build? We could probably put together a better one for you.

that is a great deal, and they overclock very well, i pushed my core from 580mhz core to close to 800mhz, also had a great memory overclock, and decent shader increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom