Game Devoloping Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Inspired by this thread, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a Game Developing / Programing sub forum in the Games Forum.

Whether this be level design, mods, skins, mutators, playing around with game engines, or developing some thing from scratch. Or discussions about various game level editors (some thing that i would be interested in). Plus made a little bit of tweaking and hacking* of games. This will also include things like creating addons for games too. Plus there discussion for various 3rd party mods for a games.

Plus conversations for people that are keen on getting thier foot in door of the Gaming Development Industry.

* Not including No CD keys, WaReZ and getting around copy protection. However I see nothing wrong with some one wanting to apply hax on a game as it's thier look out if they get thier WoW or Steam account banned.

Currently most of the conversations are taking place in the PC Gaming Subforum or Gaming Subforum, however they seem to be burried rather quickly. And I don't want to put this in programing as i really alienates the people that just want to play around with level editors.

Good idea, and definitely worth looking into. While I don't see a huge need for it right now, it does need some way to help it along. For now we can can use a sticky to keep things up, but we may very well implement this on down the road.

Well if we can't talk about hacking the Xbox 360 firmware, then we can't talk about hacking a game to change any game abilities unless that game has a built in mod system. That means this would be a little tricky and would need a lot of moderation..... That also includes "addons" as most companies don't want you to create ANY 3rd party programs for there games...

We're talking about mods for games, not hacking them. Most popular games come with the tools needed to develop mods for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom