Should I grab a 4870 1GB on a dated PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi guys. You guys might remember that I ordered a 9600GSO 768MB the other day for my dated comp (see specs in sig). But just today I saw this great deal on a 4870 1GB MSI R4870-MD1G Radeon HD 4870 1GB PCI Express x16 (2.0v) Video Card Retail at ZipZoomfly

I was wondering if I should cancel the 9600GSO and jump on this deal? And will the bottleneck of my CPU on the card be really bad? Am I just better off with the 9600GSO? Games I play are Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and EverQuest 2 on 1920X1080.

Thanks in advance!!

I would snag it for my system and we're not that very different.

I'd get the 4870, much better card, and if you ever update completely and get a new comp you could just always use the 4870 in that too.

To be honest, I probably won't upgrade to a full new computer until after I graduate from college (in 3 years!). I just need something that can stand the test of time a bit, though I don't expect to really play any new, top of the line games.

I would definitely go for the 4870. Especially since you're playing @ 1920x1080

In truth I'd get the HD 4870, because its a much better card, and more suited for that resolution. In addition, you can sell that 9600GSO for way mroe than the $40 you got it for

Well if he's playing at 1080p resolution, I wouldn't really be worrying about CPU Bottlebeck. At that resolution the CPU would have little to no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom