6800 or X800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxx.013

Baseband Member
hello,

hrmm ive always wonted to know from more then one person.

6800 Ultra v9999
or
X800

what truely preforms better. i know that the "6800 ultra" was made for doom 3 and that the X800 beat it :amazed: but that dosnt exactly mean it will overrule every game.

ive been reading alot of articles in "PC powerplay" and they all say the same thing pretty much, they dont compair so much, they just say that they are both good.

any 1 know the TRUTH . :p

The 6800s are superior to the X800 series, although the X800XT P.E. comes close. Either way you have a good card, you will just see a little better performance getting a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra.

I think he means that you can expand the performance of the 6800 like some of the older video cards by adding another one in a PCI card and connecting the two.

Not sure though, so don't yell I am a noob.

Oh and my vote goes for the 6800. It is barely better then the x800s, and only time will tell if Half Life 2 will run better on it or not.

no he means something else... the x800 series and the 6800 and 6800GT take up only one expansion slot... the 6800 Ultra on the other hand has a larger heatsink and requires 2 4pin molex connectors and uses up 2 expainsion slots.. so u cant use the pci slot rite under ur agp slot... but getting an ultra isnt really necesarry... evga puts the same heavy duty fan and heatsink on both their gts and ultras... so softmodding up to ultra speeds is a breeze :).. hope i cleared things up for u :)

sorry. forgot to ask

best 6800 ultra for value. brands dont matter. i wont something good if im spending alot.

i normally go asus. but which one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom