Thinking about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
i found a cool computer that could be compatible with all the games i want to buy for it, and its ONLY 329 bucks! its a great deal..but im a little suspicious about the price. Its from Best Buy, i found it on their site and there is a local store i could go over to and pick it up. But im wondering if its a smart buy..the price is making me a bit skeptical.

specs:
* AMD Sempronâ„¢ X2 2300 dual-core processor
Features 2 processing cores, 667MHz frontside bus, 512KB L2 cache and 2.3GHz processor speed.
* 3GB DDR2 memory
For multitasking power.
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash media.
* 320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
* NVIDIA GeForce 8200 graphics
For lush images with stunning detail. HDMI port for connecting your computer to an external LCD or plasma HDTV.
* Multi-in-one media reader
Supports CompactFlash, CompactFlash Plus, Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Mobile, Reduced Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, miniSD, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO formats.
* Also supports Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo formats.
* 1 IEEE 1394 port and 9 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer; 1 eSATA port for connecting to peripheral devices.
* Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem (v.92) for quick and easy wired Web connection.
* Amplified stereo speakers
High-definition audio with 5.1-channel audio support to create a lush soundscape.
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled provides a stable computing platform.
* Software package included
With Microsoft Works, Adobe Reader, Acer Empowering Technology and more. 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 also included.
* AMD, AMD Arrow logo, AMD Sempron, AMD PowerNow!, HyperTransport and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Yeah, 329 bucks could be a steal or a heaping waste of money, lol. What's under the hood?

EDIT: Eh, you could do better for that money mate. For a few bucks more you could have a better build in general.

specs:
* AMD Sempronâ„¢ X2 2300 dual-core processor
Features 2 processing cores, 667MHz frontside bus, 512KB L2 cache and 2.3GHz processor speed.
* 3GB DDR2 memory
For multitasking power.
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash media.
* 320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
* NVIDIA GeForce 8200 graphics
For lush images with stunning detail. HDMI port for connecting your computer to an external LCD or plasma HDTV.
* Multi-in-one media reader
Supports CompactFlash, CompactFlash Plus, Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Mobile, Reduced Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, miniSD, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO formats.
* Also supports Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo formats.
* 1 IEEE 1394 port and 9 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer; 1 eSATA port for connecting to peripheral devices.
* Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem (v.92) for quick and easy wired Web connection.
* Amplified stereo speakers
High-definition audio with 5.1-channel audio support to create a lush soundscape.
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled provides a stable computing platform.
* Software package included
With Microsoft Works, Adobe Reader, Acer Empowering Technology and more. 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 also included.
* AMD, AMD Arrow logo, AMD Sempron, AMD PowerNow!, HyperTransport and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

under the hood ^

Ack. Well, maybe he has an OS already? OR he can pick up Win7, aren't they giving that out for free or something today?

Mak tells me it's loads more stable now.

well basically im wondering if its a good buy considering i only have 400 bucks to spend and i want to run COD4/L4D. so i am on a 400 dollar budget. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom