laptop prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Dual-core cheaper?

Performance, pure and simple. In my tests, Core 2 Duo computers outperform Core Duo computers on tasks across the board, from rendering graphics and video to spell-checking documents. The speed improvement varies widely, but on average it's about 30 percent.

Are Toshibas better than HP/Compaqs?

Yes. I have been working RMA for computer store for way too long now. I have seen many more HP (especially HP Compaq) come in as appose to Toshiba.

HP CQ60-220us
vs.
Toshiba L305-S5929

I would be going to the Toshiba any day of the week.

BTW, you want to explain what I am suppose to be looking in the link? Or is this a fancy way of spamming TF?

Just checking. the low post count (no offence) had be a bit worried.

Sounds like somebody should PM Trotter or Mak for a moderator position;)

I would vote for a Toshiba over an HP/Compaq any day, they're pretty solid machines from what I've seen and I've seen fewer in for repair myself. Their warranty process is pretty good, too, if it does need repair since they have local places that will do the work so you don't have to mail it in and wait two weeks for your machine.

Performance, pure and simple. In my tests, Core 2 Duo computers outperform Core Duo computers

BTW, you want to explain what I am suppose to be looking in the link? Or is this a fancy way of spamming tech forums?

The Toshiba is a Intel Pentium Processor T3400, doesnt say Core Duo.

Never heard of B&H? Trust me, they dont need any help from me.

I would go with HP but thats me. Most of the time when I am checking their desktops and laptops they seem cheaper than most companies. I love their customer support and none of my computers from them have died yet. My first computer was from HP and it is 6 years old and still working.

I would go with Toshiba. HP/Compaq cheaps out on their laptops. I have a Compaq laptop that is about a year old and the sound died on it. Good thing I only paid $200 for it new.

About you cpu question. A Pentium Dual-Core is the brand for the cheaper Core2dou. It normally runs at a lower clock speed and has less cache, But I would still take it over a CoreDou.

Sounds like somebody should PM Trotter or Mak for a moderator position;)
Believe it or not. I did that.

I would vote for a Toshiba over an HP/Compaq any day, they're pretty solid machines from what I've seen and I've seen fewer in for repair myself. Their warranty process is pretty good, too, if it does need repair since they have local places that will do the work so you don't have to mail it in and wait two weeks for your machine.

I tend to stay clear of the Toshiba Satellites Series (not Satellite Pro) or Qosmio. Those ones are make for the retail market and I have seen the fall over just as badly as the HP Pavillion. The Satellite Pro and Tecra series get the thumbs up in my book.

Believe it or not. I did that.

I noticed ;)

Keyboard Cowboy said:
I tend to stay clear of the Toshiba Satellites Series (not Satellite Pro) or Qosmio. Those ones are make for the retail market and I have seen the fall over just as badly as the HP Pavillion. The Satellite Pro and Tecra series get the thumbs up in my book.

That can be true enough. I seem to have had better experience with Satellites over Pavilion but that might just be me. Qosmio is just a bunch of overpriced garbage if you ask me. Satellite Pro, Tecra, and Portege are pretty solid, I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom