Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's may and there's no Panzerbox release. :[ I'm sad now.

Still, can't wait to see how all this sums up.

What final color are you using for the screws? I thought a nice black would match well with the dark blue you're painting the case. (If you are still painting it that color of course.)

NZXT is hush about it. I love distressed look too, Brad prefers to tape the bullet thumbscrews to paint stick

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9p.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9r.jpg

Paint entire bullet first copper color first, mask off the tip after cured, then paint the shell brass color.

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9s.jpg

After the paint has cured, I dry brushed the shells with "Antiquing Gel" by Home Decor. "Dry brushing" means you are painting with a brush that is almost 100% dry. It's an easy way to create a weathered effect or highlights. These are machined aluminum bullet thumbscrews

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9t.jpg

After 2 hours, the "Antiquing Gel" had cured. The final coat is a "Flat" Clear coat aerosol paint by KRYLON

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9u.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9v.jpg

Those do look pretty realistic, probably will hardly be able to tell they aren't real when they are screwed in. Awesome work on this so far, your work is absolutely amazing!

I talked to Johnny Hou at NZXT yesterday. The Panzerbox release has been pushed back to the end of May.

He says you should see the Panzerbox LAN case in online retail stores mid June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom