Solid State Member
Hello my friends i want to buy a new pc to be quite pawerfull

i choose these parts so i need your advise couse im a litle comfused

tower=CoolerMaster Haf 932
psu=Corsair CMPSU-850TXEU
cpu=Intel Core I7-920
ram=Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram
os=vista 64
mobo=Asus Rampage II Gene x58 (is this ok)
monitor=Samsung SM2243SN TFT Monitor 21,5''

and my big delema :confused: Asus GTX 285 SVGA 1gb or Sapphire 4870X2 SVGA 2gb

i need the pc for light work, some visual studio, internet, editor programs,amateurish programming and of course GTA 4 :D. (i dont play other havy games).

iam fun of ati but too many problems wit drivers.
i am from greece and here my friends believe that a 4870x2 is better than gtx285.
i have read that ati is good but is geting easily hot and less fps than gtx285

so i want to know your opinion.... by my self im more close to asus gtx285
also something that makes it hard to deside is the clock timings between the two cards.
is that importand ?

So these are my isues..any help is welcomed and needed..

by the way what is your thouhts about this monitor BenQ E2200HDA TFT Monitor 21.5''
not very popular but with alot of things it costs in greece 139 euros the same time that a similar samsung costs 243 euros.

THANKS IN ADNVANCE.
I NEED YOR ENLIGHTENMENT

BenQ monitors are mostly good, good choice.

also something that makes it hard to deside is the clock timings between the two cards.
The clock timings between the cards don't matter, since the timings are for different GPUs.
Personally I would go with nVidia, but that is a personal choice - the 4870X2 is actually more powerful, as you can see on our graphics card rankings list.

Very good choices on the other pieces of hardware. I can really recommend the CoolerMaster HAF932, as I have one myself.

BenQ monitors are mostly good, good choice.

The clock timings between the cards don't matter, since the timings are for different GPUs.
Personally I would go with nVidia, but that is a personal choice - the 4870X2 is actually more powerful, as you can see on our graphics card rankings list.

Very good choices on the other pieces of hardware. I can really recommend the CoolerMaster HAF932, as I have one myself.

Thank you my friend for the advice.
yes i do believe that benq is nice monitor.
and your link is also very good..i think im going for gtx285..also there is and gtx295 that takes away any delema but 520 euros are too much for me.:(
thanks again. :)

Yes the 4870x2 is better but the gtx 285 is a better choice. The 4870x2 does produce alot of heat and i think had/has some performance issues due to the dual gpu configuration and driver issues. To add to this it's very expensive, about 250 more then the gtx 285. If you wnated to spend that much you might as well get the gtx 295 which is the BEST card out at the moment. Significantly better then the x2 i might add.

now to the rest of the build, it actually all is pretty good only things i would change would be
1; is the ram up there xms3? or is it dominators or what. Reason i ask is, xsm3 isn't as good as other sets of ram and is more entry level base for an i7 rig, also the dominators are overpriced, so you would want to try get your hands on a set of OCZ platinum 6gb ddr1600 or gskill PI ddr1600 (blue and silver ones).

2; Generally the rampage board is good, but for a non micro-atx build i highly suggested you don't get this board, your much better off going with something like these, both are great

NCIXUS.com - Buy Gigabyte EX58-UD4P ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E SATA2 Sound GLAN 3-WAY CrossFireX SLI Motherboard - GA-EX58-UD4P.
NCIXUS.com - Buy Biostar Tpower X58 ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E 2PCI SATA RAID Sound 2GLAN CrossFireX SLI Motherboard - TPower X58.

personally i love the biostar, but not everyone likes the fruity colours.

Well the ram is this Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (3 x 2GB, PC3 12800, 9-9-9-24, TR3X6G1600C9) ????????? : B2O Desktop : ????? Ram : Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (3 x 2GB, PC3 12800, 9-9-9-24, TR3X6G1600C9) - Plaisio Computers
is in greek but you will understand.

iam not so educated on pc parts :p so i do not understand the xsm3.
my first choise was ocz but in greece corsair is very popular

now the motherboard.. the brand you telling me is not in the store that i will buy my pc and becouse they will build it i dont have many choises..
if you telling me to change mobo should i buy an EVGA X58 Sli (s1366, DDR3, X58).
if you have the time check this link is the store that ill buy my pc.
the major titles and brands are in english language so you will understand..

??????????? & ?????????? : Hardware : Motherboards - Plaisio Computers

it will open istantly the motherboards section

thak you again

The currency might be putting me off. but it seems that ocz is way too overpriced in greece.
i suggest getting these instead, at least these will overclock very well.
??????????? & ?????????? : Hardware : ?????? RAM : G.Skill 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (PC3 12800, 9-9-9-24, 12800CL9T-6GBNQ) - Plaisio Computers

you only really need the x58 by evga for 3way sli otherwsie the otherboards are just fine.
??????????? & ?????????? : Hardware : Motherboards : Asus P6T Deluxe V2 (1366, X58, DDR3) - Plaisio Computers
that asus p6t v2 would be great for you.

The currency might be putting me off. but it seems that ocz is way too overpriced in greece.
i suggest getting these instead, at least these will overclock very well.
??????????? & ?????????? : Hardware : ?????? RAM : G.Skill 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (PC3 12800, 9-9-9-24, 12800CL9T-6GBNQ) - Plaisio Computers

you only really need the x58 by evga for 3way sli otherwsie the otherboards are just fine.
??????????? & ?????????? : Hardware : Motherboards : Asus P6T Deluxe V2 (1366, X58, DDR3) - Plaisio Computers
that asus p6t v2 would be great for you.

Thank man for having the time to check out the links..
yes some things are overpriced in greece...i do agree with the gskill ram is nice but if i stay in Asus Rampage II Gene matx and suits in HAF tower is that ok ??
and last if go fot the evgax58 sli should i change the asus gtx285 with evga gtx285.(same brand)
also the Asus P6T Deluxe is very nice to me.

thank you again..

I am building a set up close to this come June and here are the MB and VC I was recommended by the experts on here... I know they are pricey but EVGA is a great brand...

MB: Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
VC: Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

These might be out of your price range but EVGA is a great brand... (Gotta love life time warranties) The Asus P6T Deluxe is also a great board...

I am building a set up close to this come June and here are the MB and VC I was recommended by the experts on here... I know they are pricey but EVGA is a great brand...

MB: Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
VC: Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

These might be out of your price range but EVGA is a great brand... (Gotta love life time warranties) The Asus P6T Deluxe is also a great board...

Well the motherboard is more expencive in greece and the vga is same price +-10euros

is there any problem if i put a microATX mobo in a full tower like cmHAF932 ??

As i read in other sites The Asus P6T Deluxe v had some problems with bios...

is there any problem if i put a microATX mobo in a full tower like cmHAF932 ??

There's not really any problem, it just means you'll have less slots to put cards in. And an m-ATX mobo will look tiiiny in an HAF :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom