HP laptop from best buy. (they diagnosed dead motherboard) please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

waris1

Beta member
Hello,

My hp laptop did not start, when i put the charger the light would come on. I sent it to best buy becasue I have a warranty to fix. 2 weeks later I get a call and they tell me it is a dead motherboard due to liquid. I am not lying but there was no liquid. I dont know where they came with that diagnosis. Today, after 2 months I go pick up the computer from best buy and tried to play with it and I was shocked when it started. but the problem is I get the blue screen errors, such as

0XOOOOOOF4

0X00000050

0X00000024

what should I do. evertime i go to best buy i get some idiot has no clue and i have to help give them hints about diagnosing it. (when I took this to them for the first time, the guy wanted to see if it was the charger, even though when you plug the charger the light would come on and I had another laptop, i told them that the charger was working lol) what is my opption now they say my warranty is void? this stupd hp laptop has given me a big problem. IF they don't fix it, i am willing to sue bb.

Seriously threaten them with a BBB report.... Bestbuys Geeksquad has been known to be stupid, and lie... If you are getting those BSOD's they will just tell you that you must have windows installed...

I would try contacting the corporate office of GS/BB, as they HAVE been caught being stupid several times in the past.

BTW those errors point to a corrupt install of windows, or a bad hard drive... I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you the wrong machine back.

One of the idiots at BB probably spilled his coffee on your laptop and then called you to tell you it had water damage.

Hello,

How old is your laptop? If it's still within the manufacturer's warranty period, I'd suggest that you get HP to service it instead when a fault arises.

BB doesn't know what they're talking about, I don't think spilling liquid on this laptop would cause any issues like this. You'd be lucky if it turned on at all if that were the case. They just don't know how to fix it or it will cost to much for them to do the work so they're pinning it on you. I'd threaten a manager with a BBB report and then follow through on it if they turn you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom