ATI drivers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALWAYS uninstall old drivers, especially for ATI cards. Nvidia can be more unforgiving as it will uninstall the old before installing the new, but ATI doesn't.

Uninstall through Add/Remove, boot the safe mode, use Driver Sweeper, boot back into Windows, install the new drivers. Yes it is a pain, but it ensures you won't have any problems.

Bah, i have no idea how to operate in safe mode really. So what you're saying is I should remove all drivers so my card is driverless i suppose? then install 9.4 drivers?

Bah, i have no idea how to operate in safe mode really. So what you're saying is I should remove all drivers so my card is driverless i suppose? then install 9.4 drivers?
It just the same as running in normal mode, except depending on which options you choose, there is no windows aero and is like the 98 theme, there is also a lot less system processes running, only the ones windows needs to run. Other than that you can just run programs as your would in normal mode.

question, should i use Driver Sweeper for everything that i update? Because, i never uninstall drivers n then reinstall new ones. It's a hassle, but im going to give my 9.4 Catalyst a go.

Remove all old with CCleaner or Driver Sweeper or something, or uninstall it... Make sure you reinstall all the hardwares drivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom