Opinion on this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
Just seeing everyone's thought on this, criticism is fine.
LITE-ON 22x DVD BURNER
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Hitachi 500G 7200 RPm
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG HD502HI 500GB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

XFX GTS 250 512 MB DDR3
Newegg.com - XFX GS250XYDFU GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Rosewill SLI ready 530W PSU
Newegg.com - Rosewill RG530-2 530W 80Plus Certified, ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply, UL,FCC,CE,TUV,ROHS - Power Supplies

OCZ 4G 800 Speed
Newegg.com - OCZ Vista Upgrade 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

AMD 8750 2.4 gHz
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 8750 Toliman 2.4GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Vista Preimum 64 bit
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Combo of Gigabyte and Rosewill Case
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Creative Sound-Blaster 7.1
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
I have a slightly larger budget, lemme know what better products to replace.

Ok, this build needs a lot of reworking. Here's a much better build for a little bit more money.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA790GX XE AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (bare drive) - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H477F512P Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

696.88 with shipping, then you get 40 bucks back in MIRs.

The x3 720 is the new tri-core, the 8750 is dated and slow in comparison. Also matched it with a good, inexpensive board that will support it.

The 4770 is on par, if not better than the GTS 250, and cheaper by a decent bit.

Got you a better kit of memory, the PI Blacks are some of the best RAM on the market for only 10 bucks more.

A much better HDD with more space, and a better PSU that will support everything.

The case is a really good deal, and it has free shipping. It's a highly recommended case around here, and will be loads better than the one you picked out.

You don't really need an extra sound card, the onboard on that mobo is pretty decent.

The total you had after shipping before was $689.37 with no MIRs, so with my build you are actually saving money after the MIRs. Even if you don't send in the MIRs, it's only about 5 bucks more for much better performance.

Well, I am modifying it to fit my church's needs for a sound room, they need good sound quality (hence the sound card), a large fast HDD, RAM for speed, triple core for better speed, etc.

Plans: Swap my own Intel Quad and Mobo and 9500 GT, replacing the parts with the AMD Mobo, x3, and GTX 260 (its only 130$ free shipping, free cod5, rebates, i support Nivedia alot 448bit ftw) I am looking for an SLI compatible motherboard (2 PCI-16 E express basically) and an SLI powersupply that can handle dual GTX 260s, any precautions? (more fans? do I need liquid cooling?)
A sound card IS needed, is there one you can reccomend me that is nice?

Would also like to know why you choose that particular case? its 54$, does it have like 3 fans or something? or is it best for proper ventilation for an SLI build.

...okay...well, let's see...I got you a bigger, faster HDD. Better, faster RAM. A MUCH faster triple core.

The only thing you need to add is a sound card if you feel like it. But trust me, this build is way better, way faster, and you won't be disappointed by it.

I mean, you do realize you had a 5400RPM speed HDD on there, right?

Ok, let me try to tackle your stuff one at a time here.

- So you are saying that you're going to give up your quad for the x3? And take the parts your church bought for yourself?

- From the sounds of it, you aren't really building something for yourself instead of your church. Why didn't you just say that? Also, why do you want dual 260s? If you want that much power, just pick up a 285. Then you don't need to buy an overpriced SLI motherboard, and we can just up your PSU a bit.

- That case is a great case for the deal. One of the best you can get for the money.

Next time, be more up front with what you want. But to me, it sounds like you are ripping off your church...

The budget is from my parents and not the church, I am building it as a project for my school MYP. Yes, i will consider the GTX 285.
But can you still recommend me the best Audio Card available at the best price?

This card is pretty sweet. Plugs into the pci-e x1 slot.

Newegg.com - Creative 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express 1x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Sound Cards

Just keep the same build, and swap out the video card. Get this 285: Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Every part I picked out for you is loads better than the parts you picked out for a little more money. Trust me, you'll have a nice little build.

Well, I guess there is no need for a SLI motherboard atm or a SLI power supply. I will stick with a GTX 265 since I play cod 4 at a only 1024x768 and 12**x1***, it should give me 125 FPS. Thanks for the build, I will consider it. But, what does the sound card help out so much with? It's 100$....

Well, you wanted a sound card for the "church audio PC", so I priced it out. All I know is it's good. And you know my opinion of you not really needing it, but it would be better audio quality for audio related things.

The one you priced out was 95 bucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom