Help with a PSU and the gtx295

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTruth

Banned
Hey guys just had a quick question and was hoping i could get some help with it. I am currently working on a new i7 build for my gaming needs and pretty much have all the parts in place except the power supply. I am going with the core i7 920 and at the moment the gtx295 as a video card, however i want to leave open my option to run two 295's in sli in the future, so my question is what power supply can i get now that will be able to handle both 295's in sli on full load without getting stressed? I did take a look at the slizone website for nvidia and it had about 5 psu's listed all out of my price range, i would like to spend 300 tops on the psu alone so agian any help would greatly be appreciated.

Just a quick edit i was doing more research and stumbled upon this PSU, what do you guys think of it and corsair as a brand with psu's any good?
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Corsair is one of the best brands for PSUs. 1000 watts would be more than enough, and that psu is an excellent one. If you're gonna have a very high end setup like 2 295s, then the 1000HX is a good choice.

+3.3V@30A, +5V30A, +12V1@40A,
+12V2@40A -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3.5A

combined 80A amps on both +12v rails....not bad not at all, that baby will do just fine

im runnin the computer in my sig with sli 260's on a corsair 650tx...and it has 52A on the 12 rail....and it runs just fine

Thanks for all the input guys, ive decided to pull the trigger on the corsiar brand psu, really appreciate all the good and quick feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom