Liquid Nitrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
that or liquid butane :D lol... yes they wud be pretty cold and theyd pack a BANG if u know wut i mean ;) lol

yeah butane would be cold as hell too.....that's why the tell you to make a stand when you wanna make honey oil and using butane as your extraction method...but umm...that's another forum :D Anyway, not too sure about liquid oxygen.....is it subzero temps too?? Isn't it also explosive

Wow I didn't know ppl could bring back threads this old. :p

btw has anyone overclocked a dual p4 3.6 hyperthreading system with nitrogen?

Now that would be awsome. :D

Re: Holy Sh**!

Grey_Pygmy said:
Why would you want frost crystals on your CPU? Do you know what happens to circuitry and metal at sub zero tempuratures? It could cause it to crack and what do you think would happen if you spilled some of that liquid nitrogen on to your unprotected motherboard or processer.
Metal and other materials become brittel at sub zero temperatures, causing them to crack and shatter. If you accidently bumped the computer. It could break your components.

Metal and other materials become brittel at sub zero temperatures, causing them to crack and shatter. If you accidently bumped the computer. It could break your components.

Yeah I think most people know that plus you've said it twice...I think everyone has seen a rubber ball dipped in liquid nitrogen then dropped and it shatters atleast once. If you watch the video of the tomshardwareguide liquid nitrogen cooled P4 processor up to 5.25GHz then you'd see they got their equipment sprawled out over a table outside...it's not like it's in a case and I'm sure they are aware of the consequences of it getting spilled and or the fact of the board becoming brittle....no offense, but I'm pretty sure they did a little more research on the subject than you have

I had the idea of using rubbing alcohol too, that stuff can get pretty dern cold. But it evaporates SO quickly, dont you think?

I don't think rubbing alcohol is anywhere near as cold as butane, antifreeze, or stuff like that...and yeah it evaporates quick as hell but thats when it's on an open surface....I've never tried it in a water cooling setup :p then again I've never had a watercooling setup anyway..nor would I try replacing the liquids cause what if it ate away the rubber insulators or something weird like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom