Next GPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
alright I posted awhile back concerning how my Mobo's died on me, well now I've got the new mobo's (750i FTW) but my gpu (EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB) had died alongside my mobo's so now I am in search for a GPU, I'm looking for any good suggestions to replace the 8800, I am willing to spend 450$ (CDN) includes shipping (I purchase from NCIX generally).

for 450$ i'd would be looking at a gtx285, but if i was you i would sell your whole computer and get a new rig. that e6600 is fairly old and so is that mobo.

thanks for the quick reply Kobe, this is actually my 2nd PC for running indoors, my main is a q6600, good enough for the time being, I don't have the funds to buy a new PC nor do I know what I'd even charge for the PC I'm trying to repair, I could always get the GPU and sell it later +keep GPU if its not too far off

i own a 285, its really nice i can say.

but if your psu can handle it, you may be better off getting 2x gtx 260's with that budget of yours. it would be a nice performance jump from the 285.

i own a 285, its really nice i can say.

but if your psu can handle it, you may be better off getting 2x gtx 260's with that budget of yours. it would be a nice performance jump from the 285.

he would be better of getting a single card setup. sli is a waste, single has less heat and when he wants to upgrade only has to sell one card. easy to update and some games don't benefit from that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom