graphics update help

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0nk1ek0ng

Baseband Member
hey, sorry i have so many questions and problems but i want to know if i can update my game driver and i have the picture. and i already tried thsi website, i already downloaded this update but it didnt do much.Via/S3G UniChrome IGP Driver Update*

untitled_12.jpg

What are you trying to accomplish by updating the video drive (which is what i'm assuming you mean by game driver)?

If you've already got it from HP's website, I'd say that's probably the most updated driver available then, unless you try digging through a Google search.

That would be it. Unichrome is honestly pretty awful even for an onboard graphics chip so I don't expect updating drivers is going to help you much at all performance-wise. My little brother's last PC had it and even with a P4 HT and a gig of ram it could barely run Jedi Knight II on medium and that's a Quake 3 based game! Even a low end or mid range video card will make a world of difference to you.

It means just what it says. It was unable to finish installing your drivers. Then it goes on to say to go to that directory it mentions ( C:\Windows\) and find the log file (s3iscfg.log) and look to see what went wrong.

What model HP are you using? Let us look it up and recommend you a cheap, decent graphics card that will do better than what you have.

Heck, if you have an AGP slot and will pay the postage, I will send you a Nvidia MX4000 (I think that's what it is) that I pulled from my wife's computer. I upgraded to it from the original VIA/S3G graphics that was in it. She's running a 6600GT in it now so I don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom